Anyone run the Tillotson Hl166?

I bought this carb off ebay for cheap money. The bore is about .625 which is a little bigger than stock. With 1.3 ratio rockers, 14cc head, and a bp2 cam with 22lb springs. Will it run good? Will it just flood the cylinder idling? I heard thats what the Tillotson carbs do.

My son tried one on a slightly performance modified (cam, valve springs, header, air filter) Tecumseh H60, however, we could never get it to run quite right, especially at lower rpms and idle. He ended up putting the stock carb back on and it ran great. Hopefully your experience will be better!
Michael

We run a HL 334 on a raptor , it makes stupid power . But although it will idle , it is not very smooth . And as far as riding there is really no smooth part throttle operation . But when she is wide open watch out , MAKES STUPID POWER gotta love those tillys .

It sounds like these Tilly carbs are made for mainly drag bikes or those riding around their bikes on WOT, not the average "recreational" rider on this forum. To the OP: What is your riding style on the bike the Tilly 166 carb will go on?
Michael

Just riding around the house I suppose. I couldnt get it into the upper rpms, but i could get a decent idle. Might just go back to the stock carb unless someone knows how to tune them.