Anyone running a Harbor Freight 2.5hp?

yea it would be alright for her ,it has a 5 eight shaft ,they are ok motors ,just not enough power to haul adults around on , go for it . good luck:wink:

Any idea on the overall height? It's a bummer that for another $20.00 you can get the 6.5hp but that would be like putting a bib block in a vega, Way too much for her. (although I would have a great time on it) :D

LK

there 13 inches height ,,ive got 3 of them taken off doodlebugs , but the shipping is expensive ,they are brand new ,no gas or oil even in them .:wink:

i'd look around for a stock DB engine (it's the same thing). you should be able to get a new take-off one to your door for cheaper than that. try asking in the parts wanted section.

delray

here you go guys. you can see the differents in height and yes the smaller unit has a 5/8 keyway shaft or i should say metric, only a DB clutch will fit on my shaft. shaft size is only off by little. easy to turn down for a comet or maxtorque.

mybiz

I ordered one from there website almost 3 years ago. I paid $109.99 total shipped to my door The had a special on anything over $100 ships free and didn't have to pay them taxes nether. But I could have sworn that it had a 3/4 shaft. I just looked at HF website and all there showing is 5/8 tapered shaft.:shrug: go figure I know it wasn't tapered though:doah:

125ccCrazy

they are on sale right now for $89.99.... I am thinking about grabbing one for a Manco Streaker I will be building next year for my grandson, he'll be 7 in March and this would be his first minibike...

Print off a 20% coupon :wink:
If you plan on keeping the bike for awhile then go with the 6.5 verus the 2.5. You can put a throttle stop, change the sprockets, put a restrictor plate on also. There are way things to do to slow these down or speed up. I built a cart for my neighbor and it has a 8hp on it just turned down when he rides it, and when myself or his dad ride it all hell breaks loose. Just my two cents.

Ratbike

HF 2.5 0n Flea Bug

Here's one I put on a mini I picked up that was too small for a 6.5hp:smile: Oddly enough it moves right along on level surfaces and I weigh 180lbs. 20 plus mph

Last edited: