Ariens Snowblower Gearbox

Looking for an Ariens Snowblower gearbox for my mini jeep. Cast Iron older unit. I know there are some on ebay but quite pricey. I know they are a pain to get out I dont need the auger bit just as much of the shaft as you can get. My worm gear stripped out. If youve got the parts kickin around let me know :thumbsup:

delray

just tossed 3 of them last summer bryan.....:doah:
i wish i never did that. i need one now to fab up on my cheap mtd. my second brass gear broke.
if i had a good condition ariens gearbox or rebuilt one of them . it would of last 30 years.......:thumbsup:
right now i am going with a real snowblower unit(berco) 40" mounted on a 212 john deere.

yeah this one is all steel gears. That has to help a little bit. It lasted 4 years in the jeep and i beat on it pretty hard. I guess iv got to take it easy on it. If you guys dont have anything identical im going to put up a a vid on my utube maybe one of my subs will have it. Im sure i can make something else work if i had to but trying to make it easy on myself for now.

That looks like the one Mark ill get the measurements tomorrow. Its about 10:1 ratio i think the shaft is 1" but ill check. The shaft only needs to be 18" long 9" from center so the box wont need to be very big. Thanks bud

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Which gear? The large brass one Or the smaller one?

How many teeth are on the gear and are they machined Up toward the Right?

They are both steel gears I think. It works more like a standard ring and pinion riding against the side rather than on top like worm drives usually do

The gearbox is 6 3/4 long and 2.5" wide with the bolt on flange. 3/4" input shaft i only need about 5" of it. and the axle is 1" i only need it 18" wide. It has about 11:1 ratio from what i could tell with the stripped gears.

Got it! Took longer to dig it out of the shed than it did to get it apart. The blower was 20" wide, this looks exactly like it, measures the same(6 3/4" long x 2 1/2 wide):thumbsup: