Attn - Gilson guys needing swingarm bushings

Some may know that I've been having a hard time like many of you fixing this problem. I just got back from the machine shop and after looking at my stuff they seem to think the most cost effective way is to make new plates to use a cheap aftermarket bearing and have a nice tight fit.

Question is how many guys also want them if I can get multiples made. Need to know soon, waiting on a call back.

I was going to fab my own as well, one was cracked. Not difficult if you have access to a small acytylene torch bench grinder and drill press. One of the local steel shops that I know has a plasma cutting machine. That would be the best route. I was able to find one on line. I also ordered bronze flange bushings from Amazon.com. They fit and should do the job. The swingarm isn't constantly spinning so these should be OK.

If going that route, I would think that delrin would be the best material. That's what I made my swing arm bushings out of. Can be run dry, won't crack like a poor fitting bronze bushing, and very wear resistant.