[B]Accessories and Lights for my Doodlebug[/B]

Hi there fellow bikers. A while ago I bought a charging system for my Honda clone engine to run lights. The problem was the coils only had one wire, so I bought a Briggs regulator, with two wires, red and yellow. With it, I only got about 7 volts at idle, and I had AC voltage going through the chassis ground, so I modded the coils to have two wires. What regulator should I use to charge the battery and run the lights and horn? I'm looking for something with two AC input wires, and either 1 or 2 wires for DC output.

Attachments

Last edited:
For this project, I bought a NOS Fox handlebar switch with a Hi and Lo beam switch, and a horn button. I also got an LED motorcycle headlight, a horn, an LED 1157 bulb for my taillight (modified from a Honda CL90). I want to put mirrors on too but am not sure what kind to buy.

Last edited:
So does anyone have a recommendation for a voltage regulator/rectifier? I'm looking for something for single phase AC, with two AC input wires, and a 12 volt DC output.

Last edited:
So recently I put together the Champion engine I took pictures of, and bought a whole bunch of heat shrink bullet connectors. The Briggs three-wire regulator I bought only put out 1 volt DC at idle, so I found a thread that had a link to a Honda motorcycle voltage regulator/rectifier, which I then bought. Once that comes in I'll hook up the electrical system, I'm also waiting for a headlight to come in the mail.