Baad day at Blackrock no spark

New 6.5 Ding Dong motor will not fire:

1. 1st. jetting 12.5-130 nothing
2. 2nd. jetting 25-140 nothing
3. replaced broken spark plug cap (may be the problem) maybe need to trim wire and reinstall.
4. fuel mixture 2 parts 91 octane - 1 part 121 = 101 octane.
5. fuel line is short and flows poorly.
6. two extra hoses from carb. not attatched.
7. valves are at .005 exhaust and intake cold ? at tdc?
8. disconnected kill switch.
9. disconnected yellow wire and cut off at nut.
10. pulled and pulled need to check for spark.
11. changed from new spark plug to old one after pulling several times.
12. disconnected wire from switch and reconnected to try that.

the chrome Honda cap is too tall and had to switch out from blue mini. :repuke:

Last edited:
We got spark. Good spark both plugs.

Moved Jet needle from top to middle. Have not pulled again.

And no starting fluid yet....

Tomorrow, MDB and myself will look her over at 11:00 AM...

Read adjust valves>

TT Out~

Last edited:
We got spark. Good spark both plugs.

Moved Jet needle from top to middle. Have not pulled again.

And no starting fluid yet....

Tomorrow, MDB and myself will look her over at 11:00 AM...

Read adjust valves>

TT Out~
Dude, weren't you offering to sell us minibike mechanic franchises for $500 apiece a few months ago?

ROTMFFLMMFAO!!!!!:deal:

Dude, were all here for the same pourpose; helping other's

Dude, weren't you offering to sell us minibike mechanic franchises for $500 apiece a few months ago?

ROTMFFLMMFAO!!!!!:deal:
I can take it, as well as dish it out. I have seen a number of threads where people get fed up and just sell out. That is how I got this motor. Whereas, if you contribute to the community as I do, one would expect some help in times of crisis. It's a simple premice. There is alot fo suffering out there and were all here, at least the vast majority, to help one another.

Hent, taught me a very important lesson before he handed the reins to Strigoi a true friend and a helpful individual. "Curtis, act in a manner that profoundly attracts respect and do not under any circumstances take pop shots and the community, unless preyed upon."

So, it will start today and this thread will die out. I posted it after I realized starting fluid was mentioned first by my 'good stand up' buddy who helps just about everybody and has vast knowlege about small motor performance.

Yellowhand, you had every right to say what you said; however if you would have made some kind of suggestion, you would have commanded respect, the respect I have for many of the member's! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :stop:

TT Out~

Kenny,

That is one of my favorite movies. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."

The motor fired this morning. I primed it with 121 octane with a straw in the intake venturi.

Notice: The 22 mm Mikuni is a knock off.

It needs a needle jet..

Go to Sudco International and look at the 22 MM Mikuni that says; "Mikuni International."

The mounting holes are larger, for the bolts, it's off center and will not work on lawn mower motors.

DING DONG RUNS STRONG MIKUNI NEEDS NEEDLE JET TO WORK!

TT Out~

The 28 MM Mikuni set up cost $229. I am going trout fishing. I stand a better chance of luck there. If someone has a Mikuni 22 with the needle jet under the float bowl PM me! I will pay for it.....:001_tt2:

TT GF~

I can take it, as well as dish it out. I have seen a number of threads where people get fed up and just sell out. That is how I got this motor. Whereas, if you contribute to the community as I do, one would expect some help in times of crisis. It's a simple premice. There is alot fo suffering out there and were all here, at least the vast majority, to help one another.

Hent, taught me a very important lesson before he handed the reins to Strigoi a true friend and a helpful individual. "Curtis, act in a manner that profoundly attracts respect and do not under any circumstances take pop shots and the community, unless preyed upon."

So, it will start today and this thread will die out. I posted it after I realized starting fluid was mentioned first by my 'good stand up' buddy who helps just about everybody and has vast knowlege about small motor performance.

Yellowhand, you had every right to say what you said; however if you would have made some kind of suggestion, you would have commanded respect, the respect I have for many of the member's! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :stop:

TT Out~
Just so we're all on the same page here:

Yellowhand is one of the members who contributes a whole lot to the site, and not just through his ridiculously cool builds, but has also offered people parts and services for free.

In my mind, he's one of the most respected members of this community. :thumbsup:

First off, Hent is right on about Yellowhand. He and I never had words. I hope Hent knows by now my intentions and how things have changed for me personally this year. I just do not take life that seriously anymore. Strig, forward Hent; "Mini Bike Mayhem."

After weeks, of trial an error! I fixed the motor that seemed doomed. I had to buy;

1. fuel tank.
2. short cap
3. motor plate
4. new 22 mikuni
5. fuel pump (not used)
6. two intake gaskets
7. two exhaust gaskets
8. fuel line
9. * plug for vaccum leak on pulse fitting
10. recoil starter

Need;
new clutch for high rpm and torque (Titan)
28 mm flatslide Mikuni carb.

OK, so the old carb was trash and waited 2 weeks for new one.

Started OK idle at 5000 rpm (vacumn leak)

Changed and checked throttle end play.

Checked everything.

Called engine builder; No fuel pump; add plug with Teflon tape.

Finally, got it to slow down. reved at 8500 rpm and yes it took a 25 pilot jet and a 140 main jet with the needle jet second from the bottom richer.

When you buy used you are a gambler. I risked being able to fix the screaming motor and won. I do not know nor do I want to know if it cost another $400.00 to fix it. lol :001_tt2:

Blackrock was tamed with chop stix and alot of time...:2guns:

TT out~

MBP thanks! :sadcrying4:

Last edited: