Baja Motorsports Retires the Doodlebug??????

I have been calling around today from store to store, trying to find a doodlebug for my youngest son. I have been told that they are being dicontinued??????????? Man that kinda sucks.... Have any of you guys heard tha same thing??????

den35

They still have the Baja Dirt Bug(Canadian version of the Doodlebug) listed on the Canadian tire websites,yet there are none in the stores here.And the can't order them in(no reason given.Just can't).They are still selling the bigger Baja bikes though.

There is another thread about pep boys in Los Angeles. I argued with the guy since April as the post said. I got the last two of them here in Culver City as is no returns missing a gas cap and front fender. They are red like dens. I tol you mang!

TT tired and been working on the forth one w/ new briggs 5 HP, Now I need to figure out throttle cable connection..

:sadcrying4:

Ok, guys listen up!

Baja Motorsports is moving away from Pep Boys and got an account with Best Buys and one other company. Harbor freight and Northern Tool will continue. The trouble started in the mid west re: children and lead.

I stole them from Pep Boys, however I need a cap for gas and a red front fender. I am on my own on that>? Harbor Frieght price 330 + 10% tax. Northern Tool is a lttle less. Post National prices...They are having a tire problem, getting rubber...lol china gets lubed...lol

TT :thumbsup:

noooooooooo wat i just saw one at tractor supply this morning they have over 15 in stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2guns::girl: :mad2: -Patrick roth rochester ny

Harbor Freight out here is one of the stores that told me they were discontinued. Tractor Supply was the other. I called Dicks Sporting Goods today also, they said the same thing. I am wondering what is going on. I am located in Kansas City Missouri BTW. This is kinda a bummer...........:thumbdown:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean people will have to,,, GULP,,,, resort to getting their hands dirty and restore real mini's again? OH the humanity! :doah:

GTO, ET ALL,

I agree and need to clarify why it is important to me that Baja does not fall into the ocean like California and go away.

First reason? I do hate China made products. It's like fly's or bees on you hambuger while your camping!

Second reason? If, C&C Racing Curtis and Charles or Charles and Curtis Racing, depending on which side of the desk YOUR on we MUST have entry level kids bikes for parents to consider? Then, comes the Service Department in CA. Agk, Nr-racing, Titan clutch and maybe Bad Dog, the only AMERICAN COMPANY, I know of that is still in business to supply the chassis. If you were a new customer, Baja Motorsports would be a viable solution to getting a Bonanza for example and restore it. That is for the expert restorer. The novice has not a clue where to start. Painting, powder-coating, jetting, jackshafts, chain breakers ect, balances the business that only chain stores offer. Who brings mini bikes back to the major chain stores?

SO Gulp is the proper word.

If you personally want to throw away $100,000.00 dollars. Throw it away, in the garbage can, you would want to do something you love. i.e. Mini Bikes. Are the tools, motors, frames, hoists, solvent tanks, grinders, buffers ect. tangible objects to run a service department, which will carry this business as a Doodle Bug may only have a $15.00 profit>?

It must sit on the floor, no pocket-bikes. We do not recognize them at all...!

So consider this, I changed my log in, my attitude, doing something I love and live for on YOUR advice. Charles may be a General Manager, a Shop Foreman or potentially an Owner of the business depending on his concerns and time constraints. And his CRITERIA?

He is much more articulate than most member's here give him credit for?

He’s a family man, and a business man who loves to compete. MINIDRAGBIKE is driven far beyond my personal expectations>?

His contribution is invaluable and so is Baja right to exist in the marketplace for $200-$400-$600, the service is where the cash lays on the table waiting to be taken, not from the secondary market of used, crap beaten to death, not vintage, Baja. No I do not like the larger Baja but it won the Veledrome race and I knew it would. Nobody should have a free renter in their heads like I did>>>>!

So positive input should be encouraged for “SHOW AND GO MINI BIKE, LLC” AND “C & C RACING”, DBA!

TT

All smiles and thank you! :thumbsup:

bandit 40

Well hopefully they continue to produce the DB I think they are a great bike for kids to learn on ,and to butcher:thumbsup:.They can cut on them all they want ,learn to weld extend the frame,and modify anything and maybe they wont :hack::grind: on the rare vintage bikes. Just my thoughts on this topic:thumbsup::thumbsup:

All :censure: aside... The stores that carry them here in the Dallas area claim the reason they are not stocking them is because of warranty issues...Way too many problems with the motors.... So maybe they should make it a kit of some sort...Roller with engine options...Well that's probably reaching out a little...Anyway ... Hope everybody doesn't think their DB 30's are gonna be worth their weight in gold...

den35

It's a shame the DB30 is going this route.The engine is the weak link.Some come out good,most come with issues.Otherwise it is a great beginner bike at a reasonable price.

As well,up here anyways,they were the closest thing to a classic styled mini you could get brand new.Most people are not willing to pay the price of a new(I hate to say it this way) American made mini,plus the cost of shipping and duties for small,not street legal bikes that don't handle atv trails all that well.Those chosen few who have old school bikes up here keep them well hidden for some strange reason.I've never seen any running around here other than my own.All Baja has done is made my goal of making minis popular up here even harder.My loss I guess.:sadcrying4::thumbdown:

ON another note isn't it great that the little old mini and the computer make it possible for all here on OldMiniBikes to chat and swap pictures and ideas across the exspance of thousands of miles in a matter of seconds :smile::thumbsup:

It's a shame the DB30 is going this route.The engine is the weak link.Some come out good,most come with issues.Otherwise it is a great beginner bike at a reasonable price.

As well,up here anyways,they were the closest thing to a classic styled mini you could get brand new.Most people are not willing to pay the price of a new(I hate to say it this way) American made mini,plus the cost of shipping and duties for small,not street legal bikes that don't handle atv trails all that well.Those chosen few who have old school bikes up here keep them well hidden for some strange reason.I've never seen any running around here other than my own.All Baja has done is made my goal of making minis popular up here even harder.My loss I guess.:sadcrying4::thumbdown:
Thats my same reasoning. Every mini I find here is been butcherd or worse " Handle bars/forks all bent and broke 10 times, re-welded 20 times" and they want an arm and a leg for junk.

You want to make an offer on a brand new Red one I snagged last Friday and have not ridden only race prepped it?

TT PM only OUT!

jfiehfoiehfehfohjfooffhoeihfoefoehijfoejf09u29ufhgfh2ihfihjfh2jhf2ijfo2fj2ojf2opfj2opjf2opffojofjeifj2o0uf32hfhg2ohg2hf23jfdopjfen

I really enjoy mine. I also bought one for my daughter and I think I'll grab another for the wife.
Maybe they stopped making them cuz the Moose is the same but better:confused:

Billy