Baja Warrior, GX390, 21" wheels, 90% complete roller.......

here is the almost complete roller.
from this:

to this so far:

frame extension::

working on the seat cover and lining the tank with Red Kote right now.

Last edited:
Good work, I think the big block honda/clone is the best motor for those bikes, I definetly want to put one on mine in the future. :thumbsup:

thanks a lot.
lined the tank with the last coat, touched up the paint and fiberglass skin on the tank and now i think it is done. exhaust is done but might need new gaskets.
shouldn't be long but my weekend is over and i start back at work tomorrow.
have the seat cover pinned and hopefully will get to sew it together by the end of this week. still need to find where i put the air cleaner though.
took off one section of the risers, was just a little too high for me.
removed the foot pegs from the ATC last night and will be welding mounts for them soon. installed the ATC brake lever/cable and it was a direct fit. amazing how close the copies are.

Last edited:
put on the cover i sewed. kind of lopsided, wrinkled and misshapen but think it will work and it was my first time making one so excuse the slop. now it's 91% complete.

It Lives..and leaks...

Very nice work. Bet it rides good!!:thumbsup:
it's not nice as some of the work as i've seen here but as long as it's not a dog, because it's pretty heavy, it should be some fun for us.
i was hoping to find out how it rides (solid front/rear) on these two days off but between school parties and such there is little time for the finish work. still not sure about the throttle yet but i have to wait till tonight after the busy day.
thanks for your interest Tom.

vid before leak fix:

Last edited:
took it for a ride. rides real nice. found the air cleaner so that went on and fixed the fuel leak. front end cane up once but i tried to take it easy. TAV shield, foot pegs and some reinforcement tabs on the front wheel mount and the majority should be done.
realize now i should have put a sight gauge on the fuel tank so will put one on the next one.
here's a vid taken by my 6 year old:

Hey deejaa,
Impressive, but I wanted to say thank you. See you inspired me to think for myself "out of the box". I was at homo depot yesterday picking up a bolt and some hardware and I remembered your thread here I had read. I had clicked on the seat pictures a couple times and was beyond impressed with the finished product.
Then I slapped myself real hard" that was a dryhanded pimp slap" as I realized here I am trying to figure a seat for a kart project and this dude on OldMiniBikes stitched a nice one from scratch. It's funny how when we get older we get complacent with just buying what we need instead of stopping and thinking "whoa, lets look at this a little closer and think how we can do the same thing for cheaper with existing stuff".
Well, thank you, yes I got a piece of plywood, went to wally world found a vinyl equivalent seat material for 4.98 and am looking for waffle foam they pack computers with for seat foam. Thanks, it has really made me think.............enjoy that monster you built, I saw that smile playa'.................red423

well red423, thank you for your kind words. it feels good to hear words like that. i only joined 4 months before you did but have learned so much and have seen many a build from scratch, i am amazed because there are a LOT of talented builders here. they're the ones that gave me ideas. my kids motovated me to build and finish this one and i hope to be giving them a ride on it in the desert come Oct.
still need to trim the fork stops for a shorter turning radius. get some clear poly hose to mount the air filter down and closer to the tank.
here's what the seat started out as. i wanted to keep the same style because of the look,

how i "solved" the clearance of the TAV and the rear oil fill port, stainless bolt, cut, slotted, teflon taped and put back in, and, no leaks.

what the 5 qt tank started as, cardboard mock up,

before covering in fiberglass,