baja warrior upgrades

ok ok....don't confuse me even more so!....I want a torque converter that requires the least amount of modification. From what I've read that leads me to the GTC?...:shrug:
yes, it will work for you. there are LOTS of diff mounting holes so don't settle if it doesn't work.
2 weeks, better get to work. might need to cut/lengthen chain or grind one of the gussets down. put one on the 390, Comet, and it was easier than i thought and it was my 1st time.

i just installed one of these on my warrior;
Torque Converter for #35 Chain, 3/4" Bore (TAV2 Replacement): Go Karts Parts: Racing Kart Parts: Engines: Frames: Tires: Versailles, Ohio: USA: Indoor Track: Tips: Chassis: Kits: GoKart: Briggs: Yerf Dog: Manco: Comet: Torque

the only difference between mine and this one is the 40/41 chain drive sprocket.
to put it on;
used bolts from kit,space out from engine with "1", 5/16 washer.
remove lower cover mount tab at rear of backing plate.
add washer with keyway groove to inside of 40/41 drive sprocket,then sprocket,then driven clutch assy.,then other washer,tighten nut for free movement in bearings but driven tight on shaft.
use a 3/4 washer behind driver clutch to space out clutch/belt alignment.you'll need a 1/2 inch longer bolt for the end of the crankshaft.
remove left side of rear wheel spacer and install 1 1/4 inches of spacers on that side,add 5/8 washer on right side.
install chain,tighten/align chain.
install torque convertor cover,fire the engine up and go riding.
recheck chain tension after first ride.

i will be removing the 40/41 chain and drive sprockets and replacing with 35 drive sprockets and chain.theres more sprockets available for them.you'll most likely need to install the yellow driven spring or at least move the spring to the last hole.my convertor seems to override and go into overdrive per say too fast.

I got the converter installed. It was amazing! But after only a half mile I noticed the jack shaft was coming out. I got back home and the snap ring was missing. I went and got another snap ring and washer, lessened the bolt on the driven and made it less than a block and had the same problem. What's the deal? What am I doing wrong? (Running out of time)

Ok, I left the washer off, went to the other side, loosened the nut holding the driven on, drove the shaft back against the nut, went back and installed the snap ring without the washer and tightened the nut on the driven (slightly) and it seems to hold.....fingers crossed

i just installed one of these on my warrior;
Torque Converter for #35 Chain, 3/4" Bore (TAV2 Replacement): Go Karts Parts: Racing Kart Parts: Engines: Frames: Tires: Versailles, Ohio: USA: Indoor Track: Tips: Chassis: Kits: GoKart: Briggs: Yerf Dog: Manco: Comet: Torque

the only difference between mine and this one is the 40/41 chain drive sprocket.
to put it on;
used bolts from kit,space out from engine with "1", 5/16 washer.
remove lower cover mount tab at rear of backing plate.
add washer with keyway groove to inside of 40/41 drive sprocket,then sprocket,then driven clutch assy.,then other washer,tighten nut for free movement in bearings but driven tight on shaft.
use a 3/4 washer behind driver clutch to space out clutch/belt alignment.you'll need a 1/2 inch longer bolt for the end of the crankshaft.
remove left side of rear wheel spacer and install 1 1/4 inches of spacers on that side,add 5/8 washer on right side.
install chain,tighten/align chain.
install torque convertor cover,fire the engine up and go riding.
recheck chain tension after first ride.

i will be removing the 40/41 chain and drive sprockets and replacing with 35 drive sprockets and chain.theres more sprockets available for them.you'll most likely need to install the yellow driven spring or at least move the spring to the last hole.my convertor seems to override and go into overdrive per say too fast.
Man, I sure do appreciate you taking the time to write this for me!
I installed this before reading your post. I did figure out the extra 3/4" washer on the driven but I used the supplied bolts and washers for everything else. I didn't change the wheel spacers either. This going to be a problem for me?

joekd

As long as the chain lines up fine you don't need to change the wheel spacers

I have OEM spacers on mine with my TAV and it lines up perfectly

Like Joe said, I installed a comet 30 tav on my heat, it lined right up using the stock wheel spacers and the 6.5hp clone was bolted down in the stock slots on the motor plate.