Barn Find Sport King

lol.......real loud...........I said it once today and I will say it again,,it aint easy being cheesy........that is one nice bike, original or not..........

:laugh: Wow...that is pretty greasy....I zoomed it 100x and can see it now. That is a cool factor to have the original motor on it and running.

I should have cleaned it up a bit, the picture is just as I pulled it out of the Truck.. there is even an either can in the back ground from when I started it! the block is blue, the tires hold air, but after riding around my other sport king with the predator, the 5 horse Tec is quite slow!! 20150208_155618.jpg

Finding the fat tire floater type tires that hold air is amazing . I have fought that battle of trying to find good ones for El Burro s . Then after getting them to run, the 5 hp motors are under powered for that size of bike . But they where designed to ride on sand or snow where you need more torque than top end speed . With that said , you have a really nice find there . I really appreciate the survivor mini bikes .

Ok so as i was removing paint on my Bike (banana) I found the serial number.
does anybody out there know anything about sport King?
The way I figure the blue bike (old Blue) Serial number 70 5272 is a 1970
the Tecumseh engine checks out as being built in October of 1969, so that makes sense to me.. However this bike is a standard Mini bike clutch short jackshaft left hand chain bike completely different from the yellow bike..
Now the yellow bike (banana) if we follow that sort of reasoning has a serial no of
71 5353 making it a 71 but this bike had a predator engine when I got it so I have no way to confirm this.. the major differences between the two are seat style, Fender style and material (70 has fiberglass fenders. 71 steel)
one is a torque converter, one is not. So I guess what I am asking is does anyone understand the way Sport King numbered their product?? or for that matter How any mini bike serial number fits the bike its stamped on????
Like · · Share

While the frame is getting cleaned up I found a great 1969 Tecumseh H50 (all the right date codes) I think either I'm going to use on this bike
or restore $_14.JPG it and keep it for the bike and run around with the predator..