Barn Find

I just bought this and am wondering if anyone knows about its history. Besides the engine serial number, which if it's the original engine, is a 1967 B&S, it has a small two speed transmission with two badges. The first has "Made in England" and the second badge has "J.I. Edwins Co. Issaquah WA.". I'm not sure if it has a high/low or forward/reverse. I did find an old add for a similar looking rig, a Cycl-Trac. But it was made in Everett WA. I'm not convinced it's the same machine. I'd be grateful if anyone knows anything about this unique and rare machine.

Attachments

I just bought this and am wondering if anyone knows about its history. Besides the engine serial number, which if it's the original engine, is a 1967 B&S, it has a small two speed transmission with two badges. The first has "Made in England" and the second badge has "J.I. Edwins Co. Issaquah WA.". I'm not sure if it has a high/low or forward/reverse. I did find an old add for a similar looking rig, a Cycl-Trac. But it was made in Everett WA. I'm not convinced it's the same machine. I'd be grateful if anyone knows anything about this unique and rare machine.
JI Edwins was the manufacturer of the Tule Trooper, Which used that same gearbox. It looks like there are a lot of similarities between that bike and a Trooper in how the frame rails come up and terminate at the head tube, and in how the throttle cable is ran through the frame tube also. It also has the Deepco torque converter setup the troopers used. Edwins also did sell that gearbox in their parts catalog.. I'm thinking there may be some lineage between your bike and a Trooper.

Cycl-Trac! I haven't seen another one. I picked up mine years ago. Yours looks a pretty original, That's sweet! Mine came with a 7hp Wisconsin robin engine on it. I believe the company that built the tule trooper made these. I'd inspect your gearbox and make sure its okay. I threw a diesel on mine a while back to see how it handled. Its on youtube, Look up 1960's cycl-trac mini bike

Attachments

It is a cycl-trac with a high-low gearbox. Great find