Bench mount buffer/polisher

markus

I am going to break down and buy one soon. I have been usuing just a bench grinder with a wheel on it for years but the dowside to that is the built in guards and short shaft off the motor really makes it a challenge to work with.

I saw in HF they had 2 on the shelf a 6" wheel for 40 and an 8" wheel for 80. Of course they don't have 6" replacment wheels on the shelf just 8". I thought I saw a bench mount one that has a flex shaft attacment before though which would probably be nice. Anyone have one like that or seen one that not too terribly pricey? I'd like to get something soon, I went polish crazy on the Z50 i'm finsihing up as I wanted to save the orginal "8" bolts etc.. so I have cleaned and polished most of them (along with the tis of my fingers:doah:) along with the hubs, motor parts, etc.. I plan on doing the same with the Benelli as its next for a going through and clean up but I don't want to fight with my bench grinder this time!

I don't have the flex shaft one but ai do have the HF 8" buffer with a grinding wheel on one end. I use it a few times a week for about 2 hours each time. I only use it to buff.

I have never had a problem with it and its very powerful. I buff on the side and I made a few mandrels with nuts welded tot the end . I use those to polish bolts . I really saves the fingers :)

I just thread the bolt into the nut and that enables me to really bare on the bolt head with the buff wheel. It makes for super quick work.

The 8" buffer doesn't have any problem with yanking things out of your hands either. So be careful with it. And wear a good mask.

markus

Hey sweet idea for the bolts, my fingers will thank you! Of course I will be too lazy to dig out the gloves when I weld some up, not to mention I forget I am usually wearing flip flops so I'll have burns on my feet too form welding goop as well :doah:

Yea I'll bet that the 8" has no problem snatching parts, but at least it won't get chucked into the built in guard on the bench grinder buggering the living shit out of the part before sending it into oblivion! Good thing I had a parts z50 to take stuff from, half the bolts etc.. are scattered thought the garage somewhere :smile: