Bike show by me today

45t

My son & I showed our bikes for the first time today at a local bicycle/mini bike show today. It was fun. We showed the Eliminator and Duster against two Whizzer bikes (low turn out on motorized bikes) The Eliminator didn't place, one of the Whizzers got second and the Duster got 1st. :biggrin:

We were happy that one of the bikes did well. My son also showed his GT Performer and got his butt kicked. The BMX class was pretty impressive I wasn't surprised the GT didn't place.

All in all it was a fun day. I did find the next bike that I'm going to be searching for. :doah: There was a Murray Fire Cat that was being shown there and it won. It was pretty sweet :drool:. It had a few modifications to it and it was sporting a King Kat springer frontend. Hopefully I can find one for a respectable price.
:shrug:

Murray Fire Cat

45t

Almost forgot.

There was a 1969 Rupp Continental there that sold very early (show started at 8am and I got there at 8:30 and it was sold already). It was pretty complete and slated for a restore according to the new owner. I told the new owner about this site so hopefully he posts it here soon.

Brooklyn Bob

Congrats on the trophy. Nice bikes. Those banana seats on those bicycles show my age. I had long sissy bar, banana seat, and chopper frontend on my bicycle in the 70's. I was so proud of cruising that bike down the road!

45t

Thanks all! :smile:

My son kept asking why his GT didn't win. I told him that you don't win them all and the other bikes got more votes. He still doesn't understand the voting. He thinks since he entered his bike that he automatically wins something. I blame that on how there is an "everyone wins" and gets a trophy in the youth sports he has participated in the last few years. :shrug:

The smiles on their face only want to make you do more for them.

Best feeling I get is when Will and I come back red cheeked from a ride round the block - Well done guys:thumbsup: