Bird Falcon-Formost

I think the Falcon is like a Sears Sprite but Bird built Foremost bikes, not certain if there is a Foremost equivalent although there very well could be.

Distributors, Bird made Scat Bats, Ropers and a host of karts and 3 wheelers sold at many outlets and called different things. Hard to know, I wish Yellowhand was here. Mark knew much about Bird industries and had a lot of NOS stuff, he lived near where they were made in Nebraska.

markus

The falcon was built in the 80's so its straight up Bird. frame wise its was pretty much unchanged compared to the early bikes like the the Big blue and sprites. the foremost/penneys usually have a solid welded on fork plate, its open air under that ugly plastic plate the falcons came with other then a the little tab for the ID sticker. The 80's bikes like the falcon got the stuff like the injection molded seat, steel brake shoe, and of course the plastic chain guard the latest "technology".

george3

The falcon was built in the 80's so its straight up Bird. frame wise its was pretty much unchanged compared to the early bikes like the the Big blue and sprites. the foremost/penneys usually have a solid welded on fork plate, its open air under that ugly plastic plate the falcons came with other then a the little tab for the ID sticker. The 80's bikes like the falcon got the stuff like the injection molded seat, steel brake shoe, and of course the plastic chain guard the latest "technology".
Mine looks exactly like that pic. It has no plastic plate or chain guard, both missing. The engine looks as if it has been ran only a couple times. Filter and valves look as it it was ran around the block a few times and put away. Chain guard would be nice to have.

markus

Mine looks exactly like that pic. It has no plastic plate or chain guard, both missing. The engine looks as if it has been ran only a couple times. Filter and valves look as it it was ran around the block a few times and put away. Chain guard would be nice to have.
They used that same guard from the end of the 70's though to the end. They can be found the ugly spoke wheel bikes too so theres hope to find one :wink:

you probably wont find the falcon decaling or plate but honestly who would want to :laugh: the gold foil striping and embossed decal was definitely 80's style! All that one you pictured needed was paint, if the stuff had not a been there I would have done something ALOT different

the previous name they used was "Sprite" those used an oval number plate, would be easy to do :thumbsup:

markus

Yea they had to make that Falcon mid to late 70's as it is similar to the old Big Blue ! Really cool all the same !!
That bike is a 1983, late 70's Bird called them the sprite, mid 70's they called them a war eagle Big Blue was used by penneys/Foremost as a name for them and I think was pretty much when bird first designed that frame which was right around 1970 timeframe. that design lasted a long time!

The basic frame on the Sprite is the same as the Golden Pinto . Bird made the same base frame for quite a few different models . Added different forks and shock mounted seats . Some had kick stands or center stands . Solid or fold up foot pegs . Sears , JC Penney Foremost and Bird Mfg . I love these bikes and have a nice collection of most of their models they made . Love survivors .