Bird JcPenney ElTigre

45t

I'm putting this out there to see if anyone is interested. I think its a 1971ish model year. It still has the model plate on the frame "J.C. Penneys model 5309". It has a 3hp Briggs that runs good and can carry my 200lbs around just fine. It has new tubes & Carlisle 4.10-6NHS tires and comes with an original front tire. Chrome is decent but not perfect. Wheels were rusted when I got it so they got painted with the exception of the rims outer lip, that chrome was still good on both rims. It has a new throttle cable and filter set up (the original air filter comes with it). Filter support was modified with PVC pipe so aircleaner could sit vertically on the carb to clear the frame and gas fill cap. Also comes with the original exhaust and kill switch toggle (not hooked up).

The seat has a tear and the clutch stays engaged when running, probably needs lubed or replaced.

$300 obo or I will trade for the right motor for my Penneys Duster restoration project or a good running 2 stage snow blower, 24" or larger.

If you have questions, please let me know. I'm open to reasonable offers on the bike.

Last edited: