Bonanza foot peg help

Bought repop foot pegs from OldMiniBikes and tried to put them on my center peg bonanza and they wouldn't line up properly. Good thing I didn't get it powdercoated yet. This was the last thing to check and of course there's a problem. Rewelded the peg brackets for strength. Someone please help me out. Fits either up or down and that's it.

JamnJM

Thread jack here...what is the actual foot width on those pegs?

IMO the radius on the inside is upside down.....maybe like stated it should be mounted on a 1/2" round stock.

Thread jack here...what is the actual foot width on those pegs?

IMO the radius on the inside is upside down.....maybe like stated it should be mounted on a 1/2" round stock.
I'm not at home anymore but I'll measure tomorrow but you're right, it does pivot from level to down the complete opposite way it should. I think that radius is the wrong way.

From OldMiniBikes Warehouse:

"Direct replacement for Bonanza BC series bikes that have the footpegs mounted up front. 5" long and mount on 5/8 bar. 1/4" mounting hole. Clear Zinc Plated. May fit other MiniBikes as well, check your application. "

Bonanza Foot Pegs

I bought these awhile back and have them installed on my front mounted foot peg Bonanza.

I hate to say this Steel....

But you bought the wrong foot pegs for your application as you are building it.:doah: The pegs that you bought from OldMiniBikes :thumbsup: are made for a 5/8 th's round bar stock .You will need to take your mounts off and weld some 5/8ths round bar stock in place. Dont forget to drill your holes in the bar stock before you weld them to your frame :mad2:

BC1500 DAVE :thumbsup:

alright all you Bonanza "gurus".......what was the first year of the front peg 1100, 1300 etc.......?

haha...this ought to start a good fight...:devil2:

Last edited:
This picture came from the same gentleman I got the Bonanza drag bike from:

"These were taken about 1964/5 and I still have this Bonanza Minibike and it still runs, my son, Jason was about 6 years old"

The reason I ask is 1964/65 sounded too early for me..:confused:.but he obviously would know about how old his kid was in the picture :shrug:

What's that extra cable control by the handbrake....:confused:

Last edited: