bonanza go fast build

trinik7597

I picked up this bike last week as somewhat of a roller. but it had a mtd front end on it and a cat front wheel wrong jackshaft and frozen bearings so after throwing that stuff in the I will never use it pile here is what I am left with . for the engine I have a Honda gx200 that I may mod. or maybe I will get another animal not sure yet . this is going to be for riding we have some events around here and up till now I have used my camo stellar it has a stock predator on it and is ok but I need something with more power ,handling and breaking so here it goes :thumbsup:

Nice one :thumbsup::thumbsup: Just picked up to two bonanza last week:eek:ut::eek:ut:

Just make sure you put some WORKING BRAKES on this one. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

cool project! I just picked up the same style Bonanza frame a couple weeks ago, I like the swing arm and jack shaft setup.

good luck! :thumbsup:

awesome! I think its hilarious how many Bonanzas are on this one site alone and people still think they are rare:laugh:
I used the same frame for my hot rod build, its a great strong frame and can upgrade to big block later if you want with ease.
here is mine I am still working on finishing

trinik7597

awesome! I think its hilarious how many Bonanzas are on this one site alone and people still think they are rare:laugh:
I used the same frame for my hot rod build, its a great strong frame and can upgrade to big block later if you want with ease.
here is mine I am still working on finishing
nice tx i love the way your set up looks :thumbsup: what would be rare is me starting a project with more than two pieces of a bike :doah: :laugh:

oh, my bad...guess I confused the shock mount tabs with the swing arm pivots.

I like the Bonanza motor mount plate-looks like it can use different emgine setups pretty easily.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

Last edited:
nice tx i love the way your set up looks :thumbsup: what would be rare is me starting a project with more than two pieces of a bike :doah: :laugh:
I started with an old complete bonanza and then like you, basically used the frame only and built everything else. Its a great base for a hot rod :scooter:

oh, my bad...guess I confused the shock mount tabs with the swing arm pivots.

I like the Bonanza motor mount plate-looks like it can use different emgine setups pretty easily.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk
ya know it's kind of funny because the only difference I see between rigid frame bc1000/1100 like I have and the bc 1300 you picked up is the rear tabs for wheel mounting the jackshaft and swingarm mount looks the same just a longer jackshaft so the sprocket can be mounted outside the way tx modified his bike icould be wrong though :doah:

David and I started with a near perfect Bonanza MX roller, and we altered it to where it is now.

Jesse :scooter:

I saw this build :thumbsup: I am half considering cutting this one up adding bearing hangers and a 1" live axle rear hydraulic disk brake maybe a pocket bike front end if I can not get original forks and bars

ya know it's kind of funny because the only difference I see between rigid frame bc1000/1100 like I have and the bc 1300 you picked up is the rear tabs for wheel mounting the jackshaft and swingarm mount looks the same just a longer jackshaft so the sprocket can be mounted outside the way tx modified his bike icould be wrong though :doah:
Yeah, I totally thought it was the same frame until you pointed it out. . .lol.

Last edited:

trinik7597

so I picked up a briggs intek 206 today after work think it will work well on this bike and at a price of $30.00 with a clutch that looks brand new other than being a little rusty it will leave a lot of $$ for upgrade parts :thumbsup:

I have to double check but I think this is the same platform the animal is built on so parts should match right up crank,cam,flywheel,carb etc.