Bought A Truck

So I just bought myself a 94' Ford Ranger XLT. It has a locked up 4.0L In It now and I bought another 4.0 for 350. The motor in it doesn't trun over I'm thinking its a timing chain or snaped rod?? It's a 4x4. I plan on putting a 3 inch body lift and a 4 inch susension with 63 inch chevy leafs chevy's in the back 2 inch lift shackles and Run 33's. I also saw some cheap Cragar rims at summit I'm going to get. Let me know what you guys think.

The junk yard would have only given fifty bucks for it so you paid a hundred to much. Save your money, get rid of it right away before it costs you any more. There is nothing you can do to make that thing look good.

remember your post?

Looking for a old Ford 4x4 Truck
I'm looking for a 64 to 75 ford 4x4 truck. If anyone knows of one in the california area I would greatly apreciate if you would let me know. I'm looking for a 4 speed granny first buy if its got a c6 auto i'm not going to say no. I also am wanting a 360, 390, or 428 in it. Please no 400m or 460. Thanks for looking.

4L = 244 CI????
You're way off your requirements!
Nice little truck though, guess you might still find a 428 CJ for it????

Right $ and maybe you can turn a buck on it.

65ShelbyClone

Not my first choice as the foundation for an offroader, but at least it has a 5 speed and a pushrod 4.0L. Living in this state, getting a pre-'76 model is my priority.

Ditch the automatic hubs and do something about a manual transfer case. Those trucks also desperately need limited slip diffs at the minimum. They might as well be 1WD with the opens.

Part it out, you are as far ahead of the game right now as you will ever be, take the money and put it toward something worth while, don't be upset, you asked what we thought.

remember your post?

Looking for a old Ford 4x4 Truck
I'm looking for a 64 to 75 ford 4x4 truck. If anyone knows of one in the california area I would greatly apreciate if you would let me know. I'm looking for a 4 speed granny first buy if its got a c6 auto i'm not going to say no. I also am wanting a 360, 390, or 428 in it. Please no 400m or 460. Thanks for looking.

4L = 244 CI????
You're way off your requirements!
Nice little truck though, guess you might still find a 428 CJ for it????

Right $ and maybe you can turn a buck on it.
Ya but I don't want to get 6 mpg. Other wise I would have an old ford.

Not my first choice as the foundation for an offroader, but at least it has a 5 speed and a pushrod 4.0L. Living in this state, getting a pre-'76 model is my priority.

Ditch the automatic hubs and do something about a manual transfer case. Those trucks also desperately need limited slip diffs at the minimum. They might as well be 1WD with the opens.
My dad said he'd get me a pair of manual warn hubs for the truck. As far as the manual t-case I don't feel like spend that much time to change something I'm not going to be using that often.