Briggs 5hp engine and parts (Trade )

2SlickNick

I have come to the end of my road with the Briggs flat heads. I love Briggs but do prefer the OHV's.

I have:

1 - 5hp flat head that runs. The governor has been removed, Port and polish intake and exhaust. I did not have the carb and tank with it so I made a manifold that fits a honda clone carb . This engine was from a wood chipper and had the 7/8"crankshaft. The crank shaft has bee professionally machined down to a 3/4" with keyway.

1 - 5hp flat head that is tore down and parts labeled. It does tank that I did patch some pinholes in the little reservoir a steel epoxy. It does not magneto/armature. This block and parts do still need cleaned up. I did hone the block some, but I did rookie job.

I also have 2 carbsthat are crap. The pick up tubes on one are broke and the other carb I did try to drill extra hole in flange to adapt to the block with the 2 hole on intake. That carb is probably still use-able.

Edit: Forgot to mentions no governors

I would sell or trade for parts.
Parts I am interested in are: All Torque converter stuff , Block for 6hp briggs intek or other mini bike parts.

Thanks for your time. Hit me up with any questions.

-NicK

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

Hey Nick,
you gotta a lot going on here!
If you want to sell your items, put them in the for sale section, and please put a price on them.

If you are looking for parts, you are in the right spot! ...but the thread title would be misleading...appears as if you are looking for flathead parts!

2SlickNick

I should have known better. Lol.
I will ask moderator to move. I guess I am more interested in trading as I am not out to make a dollar.
Thanks for heads up.