Briggs pulsa jet on vintage mini bikes

Have been holding on to these cause I thought I might find a needy mini bike.
Anyone know what vintage bikes actually used these pulsa jet Briggs?
A purist might say none...given the color, exhaust..etc...but I just mean type engine with the pulsajet.

I'm guessing the black one (3hp) is from the 80's, and the red is from the 70's...not sure of hp on the red though.

Thought a list of bikes that used these might be useful.

Thanks for your help. 0ccd78b8-c8f3-4029-9c13-4b3d067fda2f.jpg c50ea33d-804f-4a90-9084-07b15fd504bf.jpg

The red edger on the right with the small fuel tank has a "Vacu-Jet" carb (no diaphram). The black edger on the left with the larger tank would have a "Pulsa-Jet" carb (with a diaphram). The list of bikes that has these engines would be a VERY long list!
Michael

Thanks!
Could someone name a few of the more "common" mini's with these vacu or pulsa jet carbs then? Bowl carbs seem to be more often used.

Also based on the serial, could someone date the red briggs? Confused on the year.

i think almost all mini bike co. stopped using briggs engines in 1969 or 1970..... because they caught fire more easily. i know some cat mini's had briggs then they switched ... taco etc. theres a section were it shows all the mini bike models. i cant find it right now :thumbsup: just look around the website a lil.

chrisr

Did they ever figure out the cause of the fire on the Briggs which led them to use some other engine vs. the Briggs? I did a quick search on this and it seems the ones with a prime bulb on the Briggs people could get carried away with over priming but the late 60/70s Briggs I do not recall that they had a prime bulb on the mini bikes but the gas tank would be closer to the exhaust on the briggs vs. Tecumseh which could be a fire hazard.

i think almost all mini bike co. stopped using briggs engines in 1969 or 1970..... because they caught fire more easily. i know some cat mini's had briggs then they switched ... taco etc. theres a section were it shows all the mini bike models. i cant find it right now :thumbsup: just look around the website a lil.

Did they ever figure out the cause of the fire on the Briggs which led them to use some other engine vs. the Briggs? I did a quick search on this and it seems the ones with a prime bulb on the Briggs people could get carried away with over priming but the late 60/70s Briggs I do not recall that they had a prime bulb on the mini bikes but the gas tank would be closer to the exhaust on the briggs vs. Tecumseh which could be a fire hazard.
theres a gasket between the gas tank and the carb when its no good it starts to leak, and most minis with the hot dog exaust would backfire and would most likely cause the eruption.... i dont think any briggs mini used a primer bulb..... i heard there was a law suit some poor kid caught fire thats why they stopped and switch'd to tec. there design is way different ....