Briggs Troubles Help!!!

hello, today i was riding my minibike in the cold weather. And when i was riding it the centrifugal clutch started screeching and my pull starter rope started to unwind. Does anyone know how i can fix the problem of my centrifugal clutch screeching and the pull starter rope from coming out too?

just wanted to give the pointer that i still have the govorner on my engine.
the engine is a briggs 5hp flathead.

and after that incident the engine won't start.

could i have flooded the engine? How can i tell if my engine is flooded? And how long do i have to wait for the gas to evaporate? so i can start my engine again?

any help would be thankful

That was probably the starter clutch screeching. If it has the type with a square shaft that the recoil slips over, you need to remove it and clean up the end of the crank, so the clutch can spin freely on it. If it won't start,you may have sheared the flywheel key during the screeching.

A sheared flywheel key will make it backfire when you try to start it. The rope may rewind when you pull it, but the engine running 3000 RPM in the opposite direction as the rewind requires the end of the crank to be very clean and lubed. Even if the cover is cocked a little, putting a slight side bind on the spool against the starter clutch, they will some times bind and squeal and spit rope.