Broken Rocker Arm??

Running a non-hemi 212 automotive style holders / keepers, stock rockers/pushrods, 26lb springs, SS valves 25/24 and turning 8200RPM.
Contemplating Chamion rockers but has anyone actually had or heard of stock rockers breaking? Or is it more precautionary advice?
Thanks,
Doug

trinik7597

They can ... You will more than likely get wear first .. with 26# springs real Honda rockers will hold up
alright but clone / predator rockers will wear and cause geometry issues

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I'll look to replace with as suggested, just trying to avoid Champion due to clearance issues, but honda stock sounds like great option :)

Black Mamba Sr. , hemi flat top, billet rod/flywheel. Also, read that ppl had issues with valve float with 26lb springs..using champion...?

If you set installed height correctly @.850 you will have no problems with valve float unless you like to rev it to 9000 rpm with no load to see it go BOOM. The champion rockers are shaft mount so they are more robust than the stamped rockers and it can get rid of the guideplates. Do you need them? Not really. Black mamba Sr is pretty easy on the valve train, the Junior is more critical of spring pressure.

Thanks Ole. I also took apart the valve train based on trinik's comment and inspection showed signs of wear on both rockers and rods; rods were down to 5.194 and 5.190 and rocker tips where they meet lash cap was worn slightly. Ordering CM stock length 5.200 and Champion tomorrow. I'll figure a way to add clearance for cover.