Bt200x Won't start sometimes

So I ran into this problem a couple days ago, my bt200x would start and run just fine and then if I try to start it 3 hours later it will start but once the choke is off the bike will either die right after or after i pull the throttle. I usually just give up after about 6/7 tries and I just wait till the day after when it seems like it works. Something to notice is that a couple days ago I was riding it and at one point when I was full throttling, the bike would start accelerating and decelerating like if I was to let the throttle go and then pull it again. After it did that for about 2 minutes the bike just died. Tried to re start it but nothing. After 10 minutes I tried to restart it and it magically turned back on and worked just fine. Does anyone have the same problem or know what is happening?

Triley41395

So I ran into this problem a couple days ago, my bt200x would start and run just fine and then if I try to start it 3 hours later it will start but once the choke is off the bike will either die right after or after i pull the throttle. I usually just give up after about 6/7 tries and I just wait till the day after when it seems like it works. Something to notice is that a couple days ago I was riding it and at one point when I was full throttling, the bike would start accelerating and decelerating like if I was to let the throttle go and then pull it again. After it did that for about 2 minutes the bike just died. Tried to re start it but nothing. After 10 minutes I tried to restart it and it magically turned back on and worked just fine. Does anyone have the same problem or know what is happening?
Had a very similar problem with mine, it was the float sticking. I put on a new carb and it fixed the problem. Could also be other things like plug or coil getting warm and not working right, or possibly even bad fuel. Yours sounds like a carb problem to me and that's where I would start. Only try one thing at a time to figure out exactly what the problem is so you'll know in the future.

Had a very similar problem with mine, it was the float sticking. I put on a new carb and it fixed the problem. Could also be other things like plug or coil getting warm and not working right, or possibly even bad fuel. Yours sounds like a carb problem to me and that's where I would start. Only try one thing at a time to figure out exactly what the problem is so you'll know in the future.
I changed the spark plug a month ago so I don’t think that’s the problem, I also used different types of fuels in the past days so I don’t thing that’s the problem either. I changed carb 1 week ago but it could be that or possibly even the coil but I have no idea how to check the coil because I never messed with it. I’ll update you once I find something.

SAS289

I once had a starts running bad, then dies yet starts 15 minutes later on a lawn mower engine. Dead giveaway for an overheated engine. Removed the mouse nest from inside the blower housing and I was good to go.

So I didn’t clean the carb yet but today the bike did exactly what I described, I turned it on,15 seconds after I was riding it, it died on me. So out of curiosity I closed the gas and made the bike start as usual and it ran for a solid 30 seconds before actually dying. After it died I opened the gas and started again and it was working just fine. What does that mean tho, could it be a gas leakage or too much gas that goes to the carb? I’m kinda lost

I would go with @Triley41395 and say your float is sticking. By running it out of fuel, the float fell to the bottom of the bowl and it is free for now.
Either that, or there was a piece of trash in the float needle valve, restricting fuel flow.
In either case, it's time to at least drop the fuel bowl and see what is in there.

So I didn’t clean the carb yet but today the bike did exactly what I described, I turned it on,15 seconds after I was riding it, it died on me. So out of curiosity I closed the gas and made the bike start as usual and it ran for a solid 30 seconds before actually dying. After it died I opened the gas and started again and it was working just fine. What does that mean tho, could it be a gas leakage or too much gas that goes to the carb? I’m kinda lost
I would immediately pull the plug after it wont start. If its wet you have fuel if its dry. Drop the bowl and place a cup under carb and open the fuel shut off and see how well the fuel flows.

So today I went on a ride and the bike worked just fine, after 15 minutes the bike just died. Closed the gas made it start like that a couple times and then put the gas back on and the bike worked fine for like 5 more mins before dying again. So I went back home and open the carb bowl and everything seems to be alright and in place. Right after I did that I also noticed something that I think it’s the problem but it’s pretty weird because I never noticed it before. There is a gas leakage from the plastic gasket that goes before the carburetor, more than a gasket it’s a spacer that also holds the fuel line and what I think is the air line or the spark plug line. Anyway there was gas leaking from that and when I moved the bike I could see a trail being left by it. Tomorrow I’ll fully remove the carb and check for what could be broken or whatever the problem is.

So today I went on a ride and the bike worked just fine, after 15 minutes the bike just died. Closed the gas made it start like that a couple times and then put the gas back on and the bike worked fine for like 5 more mins before dying again. So I went back home and open the carb bowl and everything seems to be alright and in place. Right after I did that I also noticed something that I think it’s the problem but it’s pretty weird because I never noticed it before. There is a gas leakage from the plastic gasket that goes before the carburetor, more than a gasket it’s a spacer that also holds the fuel line and what I think is the air line or the spark plug line. Anyway there was gas leaking from that and when I moved the bike I could see a trail being left by it. Tomorrow I’ll fully remove the carb and check for what could be broken or whatever the problem is.
(Thoroughly) clean the carb like you have been already advised multiple times.
Michael

Cleaned the carb and saw that the reason why it was leaking was that I screwed back the bowl in the wrong position. Nothing changed, I mean it got even worse because now after I run for a 1/2 minutes the bike just dies and doesn’t start anymore. I feel like the problem has to do with the idle screws but not sure.

How is the motor dying? Is it acting like it's running out of gas or is it cutting out immediately? Will it only idle for 30 sec. or are you trying to throttle it up?

So the motor sounds like its chocking, it sounds like it doesn't have enough gas and then it dies right when I pull the throttle or it just dies on its own after a couple seconds. I'll try to upload a video if I can.
By the way the bike still leaks and Im still trying to figure out from where specifically, it is around the area of the carb.

Did you try turning the gas on while the bowl was off?
I suspect your FUEL CUTOFF is the problem. There is a big, rubber gasket inside there and it swells up from the stuff in your fuel.
If you order a new carb, it will come with one. If you want to check yours, take the two Phillips screws out above the fuel cutoff lever.
BE WARNED, you might not get it to back together if the gasket is swollen. I have taken them apart and left the gasket laying on the bench for a couple of days and it shrank down enough to put it back in.