Camshafts and compression

NapO

hey guys and gals, i have a midly tuned genuine gx160 and looking to put a high torque camshaft in it. i want a cam that pull hard all the way through the power hand beacuse i offf road and and road race to. can anybody recommend any camshafts? and what does the compression have to do with the cam beacuse i noticed nr racing that certain cams work with a certain compression? can anyone help me out?

cams are a serious deal dude you gota know what your doing the reason some of them require a higher compresion is cause there specialy designd like that you know the lift duration andthe reson compresion needs to behigh is cause if you have a late closing cam it redces compression so it needs to be high so that you make upo for it

NapO

how can i figure out the compression on my gx160? i have 90's gx160 what head will it have and what compression gx 160 have with 14 cc heads and 18 cc heads? it kinda confusing how to find this stuff out. i don't got alot of cash so i wanna make sure i get the right cam for my application.

NapO

ya but thats gx200 diferent amount of cc right? isn't the gx160 163 cc? plus i don't know how to identify the head on my engine so it won't be accurate i guess? or it doesn't matter?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Here is a compression tester, but you have to know your motor spec's. www.rbracing-rsr.com/compstaticcalc.html

I would buy a gx200/ clone to start, more TQ and HP stock. Same weight
Compression gives you more torque. The bigger the cam get's the more it lacks bottom end torque, and is only out for high RPM horsepower. Having the best of both makes for a better combo, and will give you that bottom end and top end everyone wants.

NapO

does anyone have experience with the 252 0211 cam from nr-racing? i think im gunna stick withbthe gx160 and perform all the mods i needs then i could always switch to the 6.5 hp engine beacuse the mods pretty much swap over right?