Can Someone I.D. THis Yard Kart?

00S0S_fA8XlnS80pV_600x450.jpg 00404_cn46Wt4SCmU_600x450.jpg 01414_6UgGmHs6JvD_600x450.jpg

I saw this for sale locally-cheap. I'm just curious as to what brand this might be. Sears? JC Penney? Looks like a department store or Pep Boys-type yard kart. Thanks to anyone who offers a suggestion.

Looks like a Manco from the 80s or 90s. Something sold at tractor supply.
If you like it get it! Looks like cheap fun to me.

Here's A Better Look

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG I decided to buy it today-I got it cheap. It's a bit smaller than my Simplex Challenger, but it fits in the back of my Chevy Sonic!! The original 5" wheels are in need of new bearings, and the 1/2" steering shaft had to go. The spindle "yokes" are only 2 1/4" so I need to find or fab some new ones with proper bushings. Azusa spindles, like most, are 2 1/2".
A new 5/8" steering shaft will be added, and I am seriously considering using some 4" slicks from my parts inventory so it will be a little closer to the ground. Power will come from a 212 Predator, and I also have a 5 hp 139cc Tecumseh 2 stroke I want to experiment with.....

It's Coming Along

007.JPG 008.JPG 004.JPG 003.JPG 001.JPG 005.JPG
Here is what I have done so far:
Someone welded a huge engine plate on top of the old one. That has now been removed after much grinding.
The pedals have been moved forward about 2 1/2" inches for more comfort.
The wheels are 4.10-3.50 x 4 slicks-I like the looks of the little tires.
A pocket bike gas tank is mounted to the rear of the seat-it holds about 3/10s of a gallon.
The front wheels are Azusalites-the rears are steel.
A 212 Predator with a rejet, header, and new air cleaner should make this thing move rather well. It's tight, but will work.

Looks like it's going to be a fun little kart!! I've had 2 go kart projects going for way to long now, and finally getting some motivation on these. I love when I see someone make something of a cheap craigslist find![emoji1303][emoji481]

She's Coming Along

001.JPG 002.JPG 004.JPG Just got back from the fab shop-here is what it will basically look like. Some minor changes may be performed, but overall this is it....

A Bit Of Rake

After sitting on the little kart, I noticed that the tie rods interfered with my heels....So I moved them underneath. 007.JPG 006.JPG 002.JPG This transforms the overall look and gives it a bit of rake. It seems to work-the Ackerman Effect may be compromised, though. I'll just have to try it.....

DSC02840.JPG I tested the Ken Bar kart today-used a 99cc Predator with a header and a bored carb.
Nothing fell off or broke. The engine was just enough to have fun with and drift around with its dead axle. I figure it approached 30 mph. Next is paint and upholstery....

Here It Is With Paint

003.JPG 001.JPG Here is the old Ken Bar Streaker....Got it back from the media blaster and put on two coats of Rustoleum. Someday I'll paint the front bumper.... The 99cc Predator has an open header and a rejetted, bored carb from AGK. I figure it makes about 4.5 or so horses....The little thing really moves, though.

Attachments

Ken Bar Streaker Track Time Kart Update

005 (1).JPG zonker2.jpg zonker1 - Copy (2).jpg Here is the latest on the Ken Bar.....I got bored a few weeks ago and put on a BSP clone-it was a handful with the one wheel peel....so it's time for a stretched wheelbase and a live axle. The existing band brake was an exercise in futility, so a mechanical disc will go on. Moving the engine to the right side opens up the left side for any kind of brake you want.....The first time I saw this thing, I realized it was a kid's yard kart-but I also figured it had LOTS of potential.......

you will want to move those steering rods back to the rear

most yard karts do come from factory with the steering rods up front. On a one wheel drive, the reverse-ackermann steering isnt as much of a problem because the rear doesnt push on both sides. Once you swap to a solid axle, the rear will push you straight forwards and you will need the corrected ackermann to be able to steer. Better to have them in your heels than to bend them running into something as well