Carb kit nut differences

Notice a difference between the nut of the old vs new for this carb kit I bought.
The one on the left is the new one and the large hole is only on one side and small idle hole directly below it. The original has two large holes across from each other and the small idle hole is about 1/4 around to the other side.

Old:

New:

I guess all i care about is if its gonna work the ssme. Just to make sure, I'll prob put the old one back in after cleaning.

The knock off tend to be better.
Techumsh did not go out of business because they had great stuff.

If you carefully examine the knock off you will notice things like angle drilling on that jet.
They are using tooling designed for other carbs.

In China its considered to be respectful to dutiful copy something so well its hard to tell from the original.
They might even consider it high art to make a perfect copy of something.
Its when they don't do that you have to question why.

If its complicated and they made it simple its because they lacked the skill or tooling to do it.
When its simple and they made it more sophisticated you have to ask the question did they do it because they saw it was crap?
I call crap, those passages are one of the places I modify the jet you have.

The knock off tend to be better.
Techumsh did not go out of business because they had great stuff.

If you carefully examine the knock off you will notice things like angle drilling on that jet.
They are using tooling designed for other carbs.

In China its considered to be respectful to dutiful copy something so well its hard to tell from the original.
They might even consider it high art to make a perfect copy of something.
Its when they don't do that you have to question why.

If its complicated and they made it simple its because they lacked the skill or tooling to do it.
When its simple and they made it more sophisticated you have to ask the question did they do it because they saw it was crap?
I call crap, those passages are one of the places I modify the jet you have.
Thats interesting. I thought that hole on the knock off was poorly done but you point out it was angle drilled. Which seems smart. But what about the fact its only one hole? The original has two. I figured right there it would be better to go with the original.

Old and new should have the hole.
Its a fuel transfer passage for the low side of the carb.

If the OEM must have it, I can't imagine how a series 3 would work without it.

Old and new should have the hole.
Its a fuel transfer passage for the low side of the carb.

If the OEM must have it, I can't imagine how a series 3 would work without it.
No, what I mean is the original has two of the large holes on the nut. Diagnol from each other. The new has only one. I figgered two holes is better than one. That's what SHE said. Heehee