Carl casper's custom auto show

glenn baine

i just received my acceptances letter for the
(51st CARL CASPER'S CUSTOM AUTO SHOW) for my BRONCCO show stopper 3 wheeler ,,and my DUSTER CHOPPER . the biggest custom shows in the USA. pretty big deal for me . the last thing i had in the show was one of my race cars i think in 1994. check the show out on the net lots of kool old photos :scooter::thumbsup:

Great news Glenn. Carl's show is a great one. I was at his 40th in 2002 and won with my 1932 Ford roadster pedal car which is now in a museum in Ohio. Carl had all his cars from the past at the show and a friend of mine that worked for Carl was responsible for getting all the cars from his warehouse to the show. All his cars like the telephone booth with a 392 hemi all ran. I worked on his David Cassidy Model T roadster way back when. Good luck--your bike should do real well.

I had absolutely no idea they had such things there. It's been a long while since I've been to Casper. I'll have to check it out this year. Great looking bikes!

buckeye

Well deserve sir. Beautiful examples of what restoration should look.
Good luck representing the mini bike world.:thumbsup:

look how dirty it got from setting in the shop covered up but i got it standing tall now. i put a chroma breather on it and a nos. muffler. i have a chroma bowler housing ,and kick starter i might put on it . what do you guys think :shrug: our should i levee it like it is

hears the cover i almost hate to use it . its a nos. factory dress up cover with a original
water slid decal ,,,,,only new 1 time ,,as soon as i tighten up the bolts it well mare it up

Dan-E-boy

Glenn, in my opinion, the white cover ties in with the seat, but it would look good either way.. if the NOS cover gets used, at least it will be used on a bike that is worthy of it:thumbsup:

Nice those are certainly worthy of Any show. I like the white cover it adds a nice contrast while tieing in with the seat. Too much chrome can be drowned out. but i think you need some old white grips instead of the red waffle ones.

Glenn you have enough there to take the class--leave the white cover. One thing you need for the judges is a booklet showing the build and documenting all the changes you made. The guys that judge Special Interest Class( or that is what it used to be)judge anything from strollers(and there are some awesome ones down there) to mini bikes, karts and even bicycles if there are not enough to make a class. Any less than 3 entries they will combine classes. If you can be there when they judge you --it gives you a chance to educate them on all the work you have done.Hopefully they don't put you in the arena with the Jumping Cars. The noise from these guys will kill you.Put the judging booklet, labelled and in a place where they are bound to see it. After the show go to the office and ask for your judging sheets--great history. All vehicles have to be able to run and I know yours does. In order to please the fire marshal if you have gas in the tank, the cap has to have a piece of tape over it.Its a lot of work but you will enjoy seeing what some of these guys go through to show their cars. Have fun and best of luck.

AM IN THE BUILDING. it took 3 hours to get though the check in line.:shrug:

but i made it. hears a few photos for you guys. and i like ti thank KAREN for the kool trophy from last years build off ,,,,its on display too:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: