Carlile Snow Hog Tires

Hi All, Azusazhole here again. I have a question. How do the Carlile "Snow Hog" tires handle on pavement ? I am looking to replace the "Super Cheep" nobby tires with these but need to know how the handle first. Note: I am using 8" wheels.
Your friend AZUSAZHOLE:rockon:

jeep4me

Those actually work pretty good. They ride a little rough at slow speeds but once you speed up they smooth out.

If you're doing a lot pavement riding they might wear down kinda quick. They're really good on the trails.

Carlile "SNOW HOG" Tires

Hi All, Azusazhole here again. I have a question. How do the Carlile "Snow Hog" tires handle on pavement ? I am looking to replace the "Super Cheep" nobby tires with these but need to know how the handle first. Note: I am using 8" wheels.
Your friend AZUSAZHOLE :rockon:

I use the X-Trac and most of my riding is on the street , a good bit off-road too bust mostly pavement , they have held up really well and have so much tread I don't know how long it'll take to wear em out :thumbsup:

T-Town Mini

Check out the Shinko SR421 4.00-8 Tires...much better tread pattern than SnowHogs for about the same price. (+tubes)

I plan on putting them on my Bonanza 8" rims soon.

Last edited:
Ordered Snow Hogs

Well after much consideration and research I decided on the "Snow Hog" tires. I was able to get them for "almost" half price through Summit Racing. It really pays to shop around when buying some stuff on the internet. :detective:

Last edited:

T-Town Mini

Well after much consideration and research I decided on the "Snow Hog" tires. I was able to get them for "almost" half price through Summit Racing. It really pays to shop around when buying some stuff on the internet. :detective:
I got my Xtrac tires from Summit's eBay shop and I highly approve of their customer service. The tires arrived in 2days and I think the shipping only cost $4.99. Great price on the tires, too. :thumbsup: