CAT model 250x restomod

cncd11

i am currently restoring this 250x that i bought from a guy on craigslist. i have many plans for this mini bike. I actually just got started in mini bikes like a month ago and needless to say i have the itch! i am going to incorporate many ideas from other models and engine upgrades. Hopefully making the Mini Bike of the month once it is finished. let me know what you think... i will be posting pics as i go along with the build.

The day i bought it

after sandblasting and preliminary mock up and test ride.:hack::grind:

Last edited:

cncd11

i will be putting a hopped up 5 hp briggs, with a carter carb, i will need to fabricate a intake manilfold, a remote fuel tank similar looks and location to the taco HOT TAMALE, custom header, custom seat so on and so on.:thumbsup:

cncd11

yea it looked perfect in the pictures but like anything i like starting fresh, cars, bikes, ect. The gas tank was rubbing on the tire and the wheel bearings were shot, there was not a working throttle, and after sandblasting, i found many self taping screw holes and a few minor cracks in the motor plate that if went untouched i would be asking for a disaster. but they are all welded up now.

cncd11

CNC is actually my initials, i work at a Harley Davidson dealership. which is where i do most of the manufacturing of parts for my softail and the mini bike. What kind of parts does your brother have?

cncd11

yea its a snapon flashlight i got it all welded up and assembeled at like 10 at night and couldnt see, me and a few buddies were tearing up the streets till midnight.

cncd11

just got a few items in the mail today. i purchased a Tillotson 368a carb, mikuni fuel pump and a k&n filter. The person that i got the carb off of stated that they ran methanol through it, will i be able to run gasoline or maybe E85? what should i do? the carb does look like i need to go trough it and clean it up.

Looks like someone bent the forks forward for leg room.

I like that engine in it now, perfect for the little cats. The 5hp will haul without the need of an aftermarket carb since you feel like you're doing 80MPH on the tinny frame and bumps want to send you over the front. the 5HP will stick out more causing slght foot peg issues especially the older recoil covers. .

Cat 250's have Tough little frames and are cool looking because of their size.

Can't wait to see it done! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
yea bent the bars forward couldn't really turn all that well. And i guess you would say i am kinda going all out on this build. hence the 250x restomod name that i am calling it. I finally chose the color, it is going to be dark blue. i picked up a set of z bars that belong on a harley and will be putting them on it.

i will also be using the H-D Willey G skull collection grips and footpegs which i will be installing a highyway peg mount towards the front of the bikes frame.

the block is going to be painted gloss black and the flywheel cover will be the dark blue like the frame. Everything including any welding and fabrication will be done by me up to and including and engine work.

needless to say out of the group of me and my friends i think i got the bug the worst.

here is the tillotson 368a carb that i just picked up.

the air filter.

the mikuni fuel pump

and the current look of the mini bike now i painted it with brown primer and misted flat black to give it the "Rat" look for now.

the next step for me that i will be doing is reinforcing the motor plate for when i get my built motor in there. i will post more pics as soon as some more progress is made.

i work at a Harley Davidson dealership.
which dealership do you work at? i've been working at McGuire Harley Davidson in Walnut Creek, CA for almost 8 years now. i do all the Ebay stuff for them. that's not my Street Glide in the pic, it belongs to my old roommate.

it looks like our Cats had matching paint in the beginning too. :laugh:

Last edited: