Chain clearance, problem?

Hey guys. Just ordered a ton of parts from OldMiniBikes to finish my build but...mocked everything up tonight and realized I might have a clearance issue. I have the engine pulled completely forward, and the jackshaft bracket pulled completely backwards, in their respective slots. I mocked up my old sprocket and chain to realize that I will have very little clearance between the chain and the motor. It's probably 1/4"

Is this too close? Any chance it will hit while it's flying around at high speeds? Also, this leaves me no room for chain tension adjustment other than adding/removing links, is this going to be a major issue? Should I try and rig up a chain tensioner?

I could cut out the motor plate and move it forward. But, I already cut it out to take out the angle, layed it flat, welded it in and painted the whole thing!

I could also get some bearing hangers and re-work the jackshaft mount to give me a little more room, maybe an inch to work with. Is this my best bet? Is this even a problem worth freaking out about?

I don't think your going to have a slack problem. It's hard to tell in the pic but if your worried about slack near the sprocket u should be ok. In between the 2 sprockets you may get some slapping around.

Cool so it seems it may be a non-issue. I wasn't sure how precisely a chain should be adjusted on one of these, but sounds like it'll be ok.