Chain won't stay on

I'm have problems keeping the chain on my old mini Bike. Replaced the wheel bearings and it looks like it is in line with the clutch. The rear sprocket my have a little wave in it. When I spin the rear wheel with out the chain it is smooth but with the chain it has a little tight spot. Maybe new chain and sprocket????

The rear sprocket is out of round to the wheel.. As it rolls it oscillates so one side will be real tight, 180 degrees out it's real loose.. A spring tensioned adjuster wheel will do away with slight changes in chain tension, just always as tight as it needs to be..

toomanytoys

I had this problem on one. Figured out the frame was flexing under hard acceleration.

I put a nice spring adjustable tensioner on it. Solved all my problems.

I found the rear sprocket was not centered on the wheel. In the process of centering the sprocket and plan on installing a few Dow pins in the sprocket to hold it in place. Sounds good in my head anyway.

I found the rear sprocket was not centered on the wheel. In the process of centering the sprocket and plan on installing a few Dow pins in the sprocket to hold it in place. Sounds good in my head anyway.
I always have to center my sprockets. I slightly loosed the bolts, then use a rubber mallet to center them, then tighten. It holds fine afterward...but then I also run chains loose to mitigate the slop on old wheels and sprockets.

I centered it and tighten the bolts but it would still move so I drilled a 1/4" hold across from each other and install two Dow pins. Seems to be holding so far. It's not perfect but the chain is still on.

Okay the chain is not on anymore. It seem to come off when the clutch locks up and starts to pull hard. If I drive it real easy it will stay on. My next try is to replace the chain im sure finding a rear sprocket of this old bike will be a task. Trying to sell it but can't until I get all the bugs out.