Champion motor?

Any experience on the Champion brand motors? Home Depot has the 389cc with electric start for $275. Champions generators seem to hold up pretty well, I assume the motors will too? Parts should be readily available. Thoughts?

Any experience on the Champion brand motors? Home Depot has the 389cc with electric start for $275. Champions generators seem to hold up pretty well, I assume the motors will too? Parts should be readily available. Thoughts?
"Parts should be readily available." If it is like any of the other China clone engines don't count on that for OEM parts!
Michael

Last edited:
"Parts should be readily available." If it is like any of the other China clone engines don't count on that for OEM parts!
Michael
I been told parts for the generators are out there, but that was told to me by a dealer, and they would never lie! (S) If parts are not available, then no different then any other clone? Price looks good and free shipping.

Last edited:

SAS289

I don't know why parts wouldn't be available. Champions generator is probably the best inexpensive generator you could buy. It's not like Harbor Freights predator generator where people have been complaining about part availability for years.

If my small generator ever became unrepairable I would replace it with a champion in a minute.

Some years ago I read an article where the stock CPE 196 cc bested both the GX200 and the predator on the dyno.

at 275 and free shipping, electric start, sounds like a deal. I may have to order one. But if I do, then I am committed to my project. A 389 tote gote!

I have 2 196cc champ motors... good engines... never really had a problem with them...
However the valve stud has extremely fine threads. While adjusting a valve on my other one I have stripped the nut and stud....