Champion rocker help

I bought some champion rockers today and put them on a 14cc head and when I put the valve cover on it dosnt Fit, I never used these rockers before, I'm thinking I need shorter pushrods

rmm727

no you need a valve cover spacer, a champion valve cover, or take the baffle out of your valve cover. Preferably do the middle choice.

One bike has a spacer from raceseng. The other bike I popped the baffle out. I may beat a couple dents in the baffle and put it back in. Or find a little pcv valve and put it in the valve cover

I just made a spacer....

Look right and see there is a spare spacer.
Mine are made out of some phenolic plastic ( real cheap stuff from an OLD tv Cabnet )
I painted it so it would not swell when exposed to oil and because its the thermoset plastic that uses a lot of wood fiber as filler you can work it easily with carpentry tools and its still heat resistent....

I'll guess you have the lash set wrong. Pull the plug. Poke something down the hole. I like a pencil but a screwdriver works. Pull the cord slowly till both valves are closed and the piston is up,TDC. Adjust your lash with feeler guages .002 intake and .003 exhaust. Pull the cord a couple times and recheck. Seal it back up. Pop the plug back in. If I lost you, watch the video in the sticky thread. In my opinion there is no noticeable difference in pull starting the 14cc head.

I'll guess you have the lash set wrong. Pull the plug. Poke something down the hole. I like a pencil but a screwdriver works. Pull the cord slowly till both valves are closed and the piston is up,TDC. Adjust your lash with feeler guages .002 intake and .003 exhaust. Pull the cord a couple times and recheck. Seal it back up. Pop the plug back in. If I lost you, watch the video in the sticky thread. In my opinion there is no noticeable difference in pull starting the 14cc head.
Ok I set the lash it's much easier to pull, but now when I start it I hear a knocking sound it turned out to be my plug hitting the piston, I put a washer and fixed that, but now my flywheel is makeover a wierd creeping sound like a old floor sound can someone please help, I also have heard of needing washers under the rockers is tht needed

Yep, pick up the autolite racing plug. Part number AR3910X I ordered mine locally from oriellys for about $7. It's a c hair shorter and should clear the piston. I had to do that before going to a thin head gasket. Neither of my champion rockered bikes needed washers under the rockers. You did remove the guide plate right?

No ideas about your creaking flywheel assuming you got the correct one, torqued it down properly and then air gapped the coil to the proper spec.

Last edited:
Yep, pick up the autolite racing plug. Part number AR3910X I ordered mine locally from oriellys for about $7. It's a c hair shorter and should clear the piston. I had to do that before going to a thin head gasket. Neither of my champion rockered bikes needed washers under the rockers. You did remove the guide plate right?

No ideas about your creaking flywheel assuming you got the correct one, torqued it down properly and then air gapped the coil to the proper spec.
That's the plug that hit the piston, the head is milled 65 with a .16 copper gasket