Champion rockers install on UT2 head?

20170730_212726.jpg

Might as well post this here. This is the new Ducar block I just got. The cylinder is not centered and I am worried about ring seal from it not being round when it gets warm. You can see from the top it is not centered too but it is hard to capture on camera.

the good one 2.jpg

Here is the BSP. The block casting looks smoother and is reinforced in a few spots along the webbing. Only thing that I can say bad about it is the cam journal has less metal than the ducar. Every were else it looks better. There are a few downs to the BSP for a mini though as is. Its intended to be raced and tore back apart and inspected and rebuilt quiet often as there is no governor. The lifters are light weight lifters and I will not run them, the springs are stock pressure and the rod is a hardened stock rod. All 3 of those parts I would swap out. My carb was a .610" with a .022" idle jet and .038 main jet. It has a cam in it that's better than stock but not something I would chose if I was buying a cam. Honestly I should have just built the BSP motor. That's what I am going to do next time.

Last edited:
I think if I was trying to make my money go far with the BSP motor I would order it with the billet flywheel for and extra $75, swap springs for 22 LB, add ratio rockers, keep the BSP 4 cam it comes with but replace the lifters with stock weight lifters, add a billet rod and a flat top piston to the motor. The carb is already jetted so I would just leave it alone. Next BSP I tare apart I am checking valve seal because my valves had no marks from being lapped. I don't know if they ever sealed though as I used the valves or tried to in another head. (Found out the UT2 head had a 23mm exhaust not a 24mm)