Change in plans

hey, i was going to get that 20$ crappy frame but instead i found this. Much cooler. If someone could tell me exactly what rupp this is it would be helpfull. The engine is not original but i am going to put a 4hp engine in it. The engine thats in it had a blown head gasket and blown rings. I am probly going to make a loop pipe for it and possibly port it. the bike is almost complete and should be a fun project. :weld::grind:

its a 1970 rupp either enduro , scrambler , or roadster ,, might want to look for the correct torque converter it will make it run much better

First I have to ask if it has 10 or 12 inch wheels? Also not all Rupps from 1970's had the gusit in the frame behind the neck. My old 1970 had 10 inch wheels, and the Gusit. I believe it is a Scrambler or Enduro, based on that. Here are 2 pics of my 70 that I got for $50 and 1 of my 72 roadster2 that I got for $250.

markus

Yea what is up with the gusset? some have them some don't and it does not seem to be specific to model either? Maybe a change mid year or something? the Frame #'s are the same for the 1970 year for the lineup.

I say its a Roadster, front brakes and the side reflector bases off the shocks. It does not really matter though, you can pretty much make it what you want it to be, If you score an engine with charge coil, boom Roadster, without charge coil, Enduro, its a win/win :thumbsup: