Checking in finally with a new drag build

Been scrounging for awhile. Decided it was time.

I am currently building a nitro 44 that has been changed around to suit my needs. Its in the diygk buildoff right now and all i got left is the torque converter setup, bolt on brakes, and fuel tank mount and shes ready for testing. I have already tuned the carburetor and drilled the jet to fit the application...............

here are the current build videos.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7_dmb1lFHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W1QnDjckbU

I am hoping your residential expert in drag bikes will chime in and help with torque converter buying options !

CarPlayLB

Nice bike. I like the Nitro frames, but it seems to me the where the neck attaches to the frame may be a weak point. Have you thought about additional bracing there? Not trying to be an ass, just an observation from a naive vantage point!

Twid

I agree with some real power that frame will do the twist. I was going to go with the nitro 44 till I found my Temcula Bob frame. Plus I talked to the dude at minichopperssocal and he was kinda a downer, I don't have time for that. I can't get the second video to work as well.

Nice bike. I like the Nitro frames, but it seems to me the where the neck attaches to the frame may be a weak point. Have you thought about additional bracing there? Not trying to be an ass, just an observation from a naive vantage point!
Yeah I built a sweet barstool racer from him also. So he's always been very helpful when I call. He has helped tremendously on the chassis and engine fitting situation. Seems how all he sends is the small block style mount welded on.

What's done to the motor ??? Doesn't really sound too healthy ... 420cc clone ??
It is a $159 powerland 420cc clone. And some guys are wondering how it runs with minor mods done. So all i did so far is exhaust and filter mod and governor removal with the redrilling of the jets. After some testing i will put a flywheel a cam and a rod in it and redo some testing. After that and during im building a 60+hp engine with a true honda block from scratch.

That's cool ... now I know why :thumbsup: hope you didn't take that the wrong way.. was just curious. 60 hp is enthusiastic I would like to see that build .

Twid

How awesome would it be to see a 60HP MDB! What size tire will you be running that's a lot of power to put down and get it to hook.

Thanks twid. I was hoping somebody would catch the fact that I do realize speed and power secrets are a secret for a reason. I help a lot of drag radial buddies out and I know how that goes. I was actually told that 60hp was a low number so we shall see. If it doesn't work on this chassis I will build another one with a true Jr. Dragster rear tire and billet style front skinny that's bigger and more compatible.

I will be testing in the next week or so. So I need to make a build thread or rides thread to keep the guys informed asking about the elcheapo power land engines.

To be honest the bigger stroker will probably be a winter project thing. But I'm thinking a 460cc for sure with ported and polished head, really big cam, lectron carburetor, billet steel crank, no counter balancer. The crank people said that thing will rev 10k+ so it shall be interesting to make it all work.