Childhood lil indian measurements

kwit

Hey guys im relatively new around here I've been lurking around for a few years. My bad if this has been asked before but i been wanting to fabricate my childhood lil indian minibike that i had when i was a kid it was one of the small frame 2 piece designs. Can anyone hook me up with the measurements on one of these or know where i can get um. Id like to build one of these things but cant justify paying the 500 plus bucks there listed for for around rochester ny here Im Pretty handy and shouldn't have an issue getting one of these together on the cheap and of course i would post the build here. Lmk any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

kwit

Thanks for the replies guys. If i could find a frame that would be great. its the 2 piece design. Anyone have more info on these? From what ive gathered threw some light research these were possibly made more recently then some of the other frames. Im thinking it was made as a buld it yourself kit maybe ? The 2 piece frame probably fit into a box better for shipping im guessing. Although mine had a old clinton engine on it until it blew up and my dad had bought me a new 3.5hp tecumseh engine for it. I cant for the life of me remember what happened to that thing. Im sure it was sold i just cant remember when or for what.... Anyway guys let me know what you think

If the Clinton was original you may not have had a LiL Indian being that you remember a 2 piece frame. However, early Cheeftah had a 2-piece frame and used the Clinton. Also on the topic of the LiL Indians, there were 2 sizes for the 2-piecers. A small frame and a REALLY small frame which you don't see very often.

kwit

If the Clinton was original you may not have had a LiL Indian being that you remember a 2 piece frame. However, early Cheeftah had a 2-piece frame and used the Clinton. Also on the topic of the LiL Indians, there were 2 sizes for the 2-piecers. A small frame and a REALLY small frame which you don't see very often.
Must not have been the original motor i guess. The only reason i knew it was a little indian was it had part of the lil indian sticker still on the front. Id like to get one of these frames if someone could ship me one for a decent price

If you aren't concerned with the bike being original, the burgundy one above is a decent price. However, if you are shopping for an original bike, compare prices vs what I offered you...

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Why don't you call Ray Michrina at Allied Leisure see if he'll make one for you?? I had one, my first minibike and it was way too small for me, so I got the large frame Lil Indians. I sold it and have regretted it ever since.

Oh they still make these eh? Thats pretty cool. The only difference i can see is my foot pegs were hard welded to the frame. In all honesty im not trying to drop 6/7 hundred bucks on one of these that will probly just end up sitting in the garage and taken for a spin every now and again and on camping trips. Id also like to have an older one. The one i had when i was a kid was brush painted camo and missing the left footpeg with a black duck taped seat .... Oldly enough i want something just like that :)

Kwit, I'm sure they don't make that vintage frame style as your childhood minibike. They still make a larger frame minibike, and my model pictured above was a smaller version based on 1973 tooling, released later than your old minibike. They're still out there, including one on eBay right now:thumbsup:

Shit man im having a hard time with patients right now looking for one of these. It doesn't have to be perfect at all just a straight frame would make me happy for now. Ive been doing lots of research on these things and have read the whole history of these lil indian minibikes over at allied leisure man man i gotta tell you it only makes me want one more. What a good marketing strategy by mr michrina. These mini bikes are like the poster picture for the classic minibike in my opinion. Might just be bc i had one when i was a kid that i feel that way but when someone says minibike i thing of something that looks like a lil indian does there perfect with the front swept handle bars and small frame. Man i wish i never sold the one i had back n the day. I see so many guys on here that actually haver there childhood bike and it makes me jealous lol.

Hey coming from the position of already having my cream dream minibikes (4 of'em!) I can only imagine your impatience.:laugh:

But patience is exactly what is called for. Ask Cheezy! He got like a half dozen minibikes poised for championship restoration..finished but for a fender here, a chain guard there, an exact wheel...some baddass stuff, and he's looking for years for these parts, it's MAD!

Or you could just go out and buy a cheap Doodlebug, stick a predator on it and get started, keep looking for the ONE. which becomes the TWO, and then.....

Last edited: