Chinese mini? junk? maybe not.

I got a call yesterday asking if I wanted to help build another Minibike, so I said Hell Yeah.

He said Ive got a running Briggs 5 for it and can I bring it over and well get started? Of course I said yes, so he goes on to tell me how cool the bike is, headlight, turn signals and everything...

So I ask is that the chinese thing 50cc bike you told me about 2 years ago? He says yup, I cant find anyone who will work on it for me.

He knows I don't consider that crap to be a Minibike but what the hell, drag that pos over here and well take a look.

If Ive ever seen a china bike that was begging for a clone, this one is it.

Some quick measurements and and we knew that Flathead wasn't going in there without some serious cutting.
A clone will fit like it was made to.

This thing had more wires than my old 74 Pinto.

Big fat looking shocks/forks, heavy built frame, disc brakes front and rear, 41 or 420 sprocket (1/2" pitch), and yes that huge tank is functional.

I just threw a plate in there to measure.

If/when he buys a clone I will start a project thread. If he dosent Ill stab one in it and rock this little bike myself.:thumbsup:

The Briggs is now mine for helping him build some thing he can ride.:biggrin:

I think using this frame is gonna make a really cool mini.

I think this is the best foundation for a clone swap ive ever seen.

Any/all replies welcome.

Thanks for looking,

J

Last edited:

toomanytoys

That thing looks pretty tough! I was checking out a website today selling beefed up clones for a pretty good price.

My clone came in Friday evening, I pulled it out of the box and sat it up on the shelf. I picked up a TAV30, an HM80 and a junk frame for 50 bucks yesterday off a guy that was advertising in the news paper.

TAV+6.5 clone+streaker frame=fun? we'll see.

Thats going to be a cool project. is the 50cc dead? you could do a simple swap and make it a friggin death maching. install this....(if money is not a prob). looks to be the same size, you'd have an easy time getting parts. What ever you do, keep pics coming, nice build. (We have to do something with all these Chinese made minibike wannabes):thumbsup:

Hooper Imports Experts on Chinese Motorcycles and Parts, Engines - Product List

Last edited:
Man you need to post a warning AHEAD OF:chinese: GRAPHIC PICS like that. I almost lost my breakfast:repuke:

Actually nice job. I like the flames