Clone has to run on half choke

buckeye

If it doesn't idle well, there is a little round screw you can adjust to help that.on the back of the carb under the throttle arm. Did ya read you pm?

TomH

I typed in "clone cab",not even 6.5 clone carb, in the google search located at the top of the page. It's all there, give it a look

buckeye

I thought that too on mine. Cleaned the carb twice. Looks brand new. Mine did have some other issues,which I fixed. Adjusted that round screw that controls the idle and idles great and WOT. But only with choke about 1/2 or just a touch less. I wish I had an adjustable carb for it that wouldn't piss off my wife with the cost. Need to sell something I guess.

I thought that too on mine. Cleaned the carb twice. Looks brand new. Mine did have some other issues,which I fixed. Adjusted that round screw that controls the idle and idles great and WOT. But only with choke about 1/2 or just a touch less. I wish I had an adjustable carb for it that wouldn't piss off my wife with the cost. Need to sell something I guess.
Nr sell an adjustable carb kit....works well on a mild built motor.

buckeye

Which would you use on stocker? May need what adapter,air cleaner, and header? Damn this stuff is getting expensive. Really, though, in comparrison to drinking and chasing women, it's pretty cheap. Not that I have chased any women lately.

buckeye

Mine runs perfect now. Just needed a little love. And the air cleaner back on. Alls well thats the rest of the story.

Ok guy's I uploaded some sucky phone pics. I'm totally confused here. I see a little black plastic screw that looks like it's supposed to help adjust the idler arm. When I give the it throttle the spring system that is connected to the governor makes that idler arm go in a way that makes the engine speed slower rather than opening it up

Last edited:
Second pic that round plastic screw is for the idle.
Thanks for all your help Buckeye but the first pic is the way it looks when it's idleing. The only reason it looks like that in the second pic is because i'm holding it there with my finger. That plastic screw is useless the way my bike is set up now. I feel like something is not right with all my springs but the more I look at it I can't see how to set the springs up different to make it look like in pic#2.

buckeye

I found correct photos by searching clone throttle linkage. Your pic are too blurry to tell what you have going on. There is a slot on the throttle butterfly for the rod that has the spring on it. Comes from the end of the gov arm. At least on mine.