Clutch, junk?

I just pulled this this clutch off an old motor to see if I could replace the bushing and it fell apart in my hands.

This clutch was working in this condition a couple years ago.:eek:ut:

I think its junk because the shaft? came out of the drive? plate.

Its a maxtorque ss clutch.

Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think I could weld, maybe JB the shaft? back in place?

Or should I tape a nickle to it and toss it in the river?

Thanks for looking, any all replies are welcome.

J

That's the thing I think its broken because the shaft thing holds the bell/drum on the unit.

Maybe if it was just run inboard?

Can I get just parts for it? I looked in the usual places and got nothing so far.

I always try to repair before I replace.

Thanks,

J

I don't know about new parts for a Max Torque clutch.. They are pretty well a disposable part, ya know? 35 bucks and run it till it stops.. :doah: It should all go back together it looks like.. :confused: It was on there once before.. :laugh: Yeah running it inboard or using bolt in the end of the crank shaft with a washer style of mounting should keep it from being able to go anywhere.. :shrug: Nothing else keep it around for parts for the next one that goes to hell.. :laugh:

I have one that the end of the crank shaft broke off doing about 50 down the road so the whole insides of it came out spinning like a bitch and hit the ground and exploded into pieces.. It was inboard so the drum and chain thing stayed together and coasted to a stop... The weights and springs and hub and bushing race parts all were another story.. :lol: I found all but one weight, and had the notion of trying to reassemble it somewhere but it was already worn to death before the incident, and after that the main bushing piece you have pictured and the casing that holds the weights in the drum was allllll beat and mangled, plus the missing weight, it got boxed.. :laugh: But I still have it... Actually the more I think about it, that clutch hub has some bends and scrapes and derfs from the asphault.... But I think it's all one piece and fixable possibly....

:confused: I should look into that for ya.. Yeah inboard or washer and bolt should fix ya.. Otherwise I might have that inner spool piece for 3/4 bore.. :shrug:

i have brazed one before , if you can line it up wright . used to have a site that had all the parts for the clutches cant find it now tho . but if you go to junk it let me know i could use it for spare parts

a couple of zip ties works great for holding the shoes when you're trying to get it all together. one of those things i figured out after having a Max Torque one piss me off because shit kept popping apart.

i have done away with that broken piece and replace it with a bushing pressed into the clutch bell. But then it just rides on the crank so youve really got to keep it oiled