Clutch to Engine?

Hello all! New member with first post here...
Im either going to restore a Scat Cat 114 I recently picked up or im going to custom make my own frame utilizing a mid 80's yamaha 3 wheeler frame and fork set. Either way my question is.....I picked up a 2 year old Honda GC160 for a song. How long of a shaft do you need to properly mount a clutch? Reason for asking is this shaft on the GC160 his only about 1 1/4 inch long and thats not allowing any clearance from the back of the case? Sorry but I dont have much experience in small engines. Can someone tell me if im going to be able to use this motor or not?.......Cliff

if its threaded for a bolt you can use it but you need a spacer on there and only if you run the sprocket inboard and a max torque clutch not a 2 piece hillard. Or just swap out the crank for a longer one. i picked up a used on ebay for 25$ shipped :shrug:

if its threaded for a bolt you can use it but you need a spacer on there and only if you run the sprocket inboard and a max torque clutch not a 2 piece hillard. Or just swap out the crank for a longer one. i picked up a used on ebay for 25$ shipped :shrug:
Theres a hole but its not threaded....great! So is swapping out the crank my only option other than running a sprocket on the engine and the clutch on a jackshaft like Oldsledz mentioned? The latter sounds kinda hokie to me... But i guess it would work?

How involved is it to swap out the cranks?