Coleman ct200ex with hison heavier valve springs?

If I install heavier valve springs will I gain more power and if I do is there anything else that'll have to be replaced with them, thanks

If I install heavier valve springs will I gain more power and if I do is there anything else that'll have to be replaced with them, thanks
Changing valve springs will not increase power. The reason for stronger springs is to keep the valves opening and closing correctly at higher rpms. If you want more performance I suggest starting with a billet rod a flywheel that is balanced to operate at higher rpm a cam . Some mild porting. And better fuel delivery now the stiffer springs will work. In your spare time look for videos from red beards garage , cars and cameras, black66 all of these channels have some good how to videos on how and what it takes to make more power. Good luck

SAS289

Yep. Both Black66 and Red Beard are doing videos with the new Coleman models and are actually doing things with the 196's.

I did a Hisun 196 build last year. Good runner with nice power.

Cool ya I've seen red beards I'll check out the other channel, was thinking of getting the stage 1 kit from go power sports and then billet flywheel and rod or should I do that in reverse order, flywheel then stage 1 kit

You could do either one first.
I like to install the rod first. While I'm in there, I can look around, check out what's happening in there, and use new, high quality gaskets to seal it back up. That way, I can leave the governor and stock carb on it, tweak the springs on the governor, change the exhaust, air filter and flywheel as I acquire parts.
Start with a good, safe foundation.
Have fun and be safe.

I think Cars and Cameras made a lot of money and progressed too far away from mini bikes into projects that nobody is interested in. Too expensive for most of us.

Okay good points, I already have it opened up as I had to replace the crankshaft and am gapping the valves so was just wondering about the springs. I replaced the original 5/8 shaft with a 3/4 shaft as it was broken off and I couldn't measure that part, all other areas measured the same so I'm hoping I don't have any other problems

Run it as it was intended. Enjoy it this summer. Collect parts and tear it apart in the fall. Do it all at one time.
Just my opinion, though.
Have fun and be safe. Dave