Coleman ct200u Gevernor question

New member 1st post.

My son is getting a Monster Moto mini bike as a gift from his grandparents ( I never got one as a kid no matter how many times I asked ). So I found a slightly used Coleman this weekend on Craigslist, the price was right so I bought it. Now we can ride together. This is my first motor cycle too!!!

I changed the oil, lubed the chain,cleaned the clutch and air filter and topped her off with some Ethanol free gas with Lucas fuel system cleaner. The bike is running much better now.

So just a couple questions I hope to get help with.
1. Looks like the governor was adjusted. What do I need to set this to? I ordered a Tachometer from Amazon to help check/set the idle. I figured I can use it to set the top speed/rpm but I don’t know the engine type or specs. The manual has list idle speed 1700 +- 150 rpm, Power as 3.8kw at 3600 rpm, and top speed at 20 mph.
2. Last question. The bike acceleration is not smooth at times. It jumps at certain points when accelerating. Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
SharkBait

Last edited:
I'm thinking maybe put a predator 212cc high performance engine on it,now that would make you smile.then get a billet rod ,billet flywheel,black mamba cam,intake and a header then you would haul some @ss.i have a straight pipe with Briggs muffler I love the low tone sound

The previous owner adjusted the screw so his kid could not go that fast. He called it the "governor". It would only go about 10 mph. I just want to put it back to its factory setting.

It may just be the throttle stop screw , not the governor

A picture of your engine with the air cleaner removed would heip

Have a look at how the levers move as you rotate the throttle grip , it should move toward a a throttle stop screw that limits travel

It may just be the throttle stop screw , not the governor

A picture of your engine with the air cleaner removed would heip

Have a look at how the levers move as you rotate the throttle grip , it should move toward a a throttle stop screw that limits travel
I think Bigrob is on to something , you can even remove the screw if you're not gonna let kids on it :scared:

The previous owner adjusted the screw so his kid could not go that fast. He called it the "governor". It would only go about 10 mph. I just want to put it back to its factory setting.
Yes there is a screw you can adjust that can limit the throttle. You would have to let the screw out almost the the end so it's still in but not limiting you.

When you say not smooth, do you miss it's missing? Misfiring might be your spark plug, check condition and check gap.