Comet 40 series torque converter

Im thinking of selling my 40 series torque converter. I bought it brand new back in october for 225$ and it's been sitting in my room ever since. It has never been used. Im selling it for the same amount of money I bought it for and no lower. Im trying to buy a car so I cant be losing any money on it. This is the first time Ive ever sold something over the internet. Im located in South Jersey but I will ship.You'll have to pay for it though. If you're interested PM me and we could try to work some type of payment out since Im new to this whole thing.

The driven unit is a 3/4in bore and I also forgot to add this doesnt include the belt. I never got around to buying the belt before the project fell apart.

george3

the spring on the driven is set up as inbord. You bought this for a go kart? there is some mini bike app. that it will work on. Or change the spring to run it outboard. heavy duty set up.

My friends had been using them with 9hp honda's on their baja mini bikes, so I bought a subaru ex27 and this torque converter for my go kart. I didnt know there was a difference, but yes it was bought to go on a go kart.

george3

on that one the side with the spring goes toward the engine. you have to get a spring thats wound the other way to run it with the spring side out on the driven.

George..I saw this. I'm sure he would not want to split the parts.. I don't need the driven..just the one for the engine..thanks..j

the spring on the driven is set up as inbord. You bought this for a go kart? there is some mini bike app. that it will work on. Or change the spring to run it outboard. heavy duty set up.
? So it wont work for nothing but a mini? Or am I reading it wrong? Someone please explain more.....Thx