Contacted an old Kick Starter maker and....

OMG!!!! You would be screaming like I am right now....

If someone told YOU that they threw away app. 50 kick starters that were sitting on a shelf b/c there was no interest in them. I am trying to get this manafacturer to make them again.

Would you buy one? How much would you pay?

The gentleman I just E-mailed with said he is going to talk to the powers that be. I would give you all his E-mail addy so you can show him the interest but I am not going to do that. If they make it we can send them E-mails ordering one.

Cross your fingers folks....

No dice: :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Sorry man, the die's are also gone. Were talking 40 grand to replace those which is not something were looking to spend on a $50.00 product. You might try Ebay, I've seen a few on there.

They do sell other products which you all might want to check out. The guy was really cool about the whole thing, I give him props for that.

Hegar Manufacturing

ok mine are crossed, but i hope they dont have the ins issue,,back in the day you could
order a new HEGAR KIC-START for for get ready $ 24.95 or a colt industries KWIK-KICK
for only $ 19.95 WOW WHAT A PRICLEY SUM, dos eneone know why all kick start companys stoped selling them ?:scooter::scooter:

When I had the store I sold the Hagar 4 kick starter and their live axle sprocket hub. They were here in Portland, Oregon and they were into making drive systems for ultra light kites and now have a water jet cutting company now in Clackamas, Oregon
Steve :scooter:

When I had the store I sold the Hagar 4 kick starter and their live axle sprocket hub. They were here in Portland, Oregon and they were into making drive systems for ultra light kites and now have a water jet cutting company now in Clackamas, Oregon
Steve :scooter:
That is them. Top notch orginization.

ok mine are crossed, but i hope they dont have the ins issue,,back in the day you could
order a new HEGAR KIC-START for for get ready $ 24.95 or a colt industries KWIK-KICK
for only $ 19.95 WOW WHAT A PRICLEY SUM, dos eneone know why all kick start companys stoped selling them ?:scooter::scooter:

They could not spell correctly anymore either?

i was thinking the steering gear on most lawn tractors have the same style gears in them as the kick starters. Ill probrobly expeariment with a kick start when i get the time

Hi Wayne,I duplicated a kick starter many years ago for my brothers 1946 clinton doodlebug scooter and it worked great.To make one like the tecumseh version,hegar or the fairbanks version would be alot of work,but I could definately do it in the machine shop I work at with some of the CNC machines we have.The problem though would be the time I could find to make it!!The ones I would make would be made out of billet aluminum,not casted like the originals.

Hi Wayne,I duplicated a kick starter many years ago for my brothers 1946 clinton doodlebug scooter and it worked great.To make one like the tecumseh version,hegar or the fairbanks version would be alot of work,but I could definately do it in the machine shop I work at with some of the CNC machines we have.The problem though would be the time I could find to make it!!The ones I would make would be made out of billet aluminum,not casted like the originals.
That would be a nice product for members who want it if you want to produce them and make a few $$$(If you have the time of course)