Cool 650cc Ruppster on CL.

I ran across this on Craigslist in the Detroit MI. area. Its a custom Ruppster with a Polaris triple 650cc engine in it. He asking 3500. he says it has a 1989 Polaris engine with custom made exhaust system tuned to the engine. Looks to have aluminum wheels also. He did a nice job on it.
I thought some of the guys with Ruppsters would appreciate it.

1971 Rupp
Rupster

Here is the pictures from the add.

Nice looking Ruppster and way too much motor for that chassis. Riding a Ruppster on the flats at speed is OK but add a small whoop-de-do and get it up in the air and it's too short wheelbase it often does not land properly. Been there and won't do it again. Lesson learned.
Steve :scooter:

Hi Neck : Yes they did I sold a couple of them and they were a lot of fun, but you had to be ready to do some of the things your self.
Biggest issue I encountered was they sucked the engine's ignition system full of dirt and sand. The body trapped all the dust and sand and the engines cooling fan pulled it all in. Well desert dirt is Iron rich and that grounds out the points and you have a dead puppy and all the fuel and starting attempts just make the people who bought them and then to have their weekend in a place like El Mirage come home very unhappy. One customer made a big air duct and cut a hole in the body and installed a two stage air cleaner on the top of the back. He did a nice job and I never heard from him again.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Howdy Steve! Yeah I know what effect El Mirage has on points style ignition systems, the stuff gets in the Race Car mags and renders the points pretty useless if you don't stay on top of it! I'll keep my eyes open and see if one of those comes up for sale in my area. Did you have dealer sticker that your place put on those when you sold them?

Hi Neck : We never did get around to doing that . About the only thing besides business cards to have our shop name was all the Do IT IN THE DIRT t-shirts that we sold. I would give a couple hundred bucks for one of them today any size any color.