CT70H find

markus

Just got back from picking this mid sized gem up. Listed price was more than fair so I drive down, paid the man, and threw it in the truck:thumbsup:

It should actually clean up pretty decent, the paint does not have too much fade and not a lot of rust, chrome looks like it will come out nice too with some elbow grease. Carb is totally gummed, slide wont even move, but it has fat spark and.....its the 4 speed model:pimp: Hopefully I can turn a buck on it and not have to part it out to do it!

pomfish

Nice find.

I tell you what though, you get that puppy running right and you are going to have a hard time justifying selling it.
You Will fall in love with that bike.
If not, yes you will make some money on it especially if you have a clear title.
Title is worth extra $150-250

Good luck and enjoy it.
Keith

Nice find.

I tell you what though, you get that puppy running right and you are going to have a hard time justifying selling it.
If not, yes you will make some money on it especially if you have a clear title.

Good luck and enjoy it.
Keith
It's hard pricing things those bikes here with titles are going for around 500 running in that shape but with out will go for 500 it is just about there local economy.

Hell I got my cl100 with title running for a 100 but some were else it may bring 500+

markus

Nice find.

Good luck and enjoy it.
Keith

Yea I have them before, they are nice bikes! This is my first "H" version though, it'll be interesting to see how it runs/rides. I had a Clone CT with a clutch but never a true Honda one.

MikeBear

I owned one of those years ago (4 speed), and it was great until my son tore the carb apart and then couldn't ever get it right again. I got tired of it and sold it off.

What an idiot I was back then! :laugh: Well, I know better now....

markus

SUCCESS! I yanked the carb off this morning and tore it part. I was a little worried cause it was actually pretty clean, no sludge. First though was something else is wrong:doah: But I found that the main and idle jets were both closed up so bad it took more than a few trys to get the gum out. I let it soak for awhile when I started to reassemble I also found the float had a hole in one side, I was able to solder that up though. Reinstalled and she fired right up!:thumbsup: Lights are working..pretty much, Horn weezed a little, speedo works. Runs through the gears easy and and no slipping, no funny noises or smoke out of the motor.

It was pretty dam loud though, The front mount for the main heatsheild wraps around the pipe with a rubber type spacer. The pipe was noting but swiss cheese underneath:doah: I went ahead and cut the section right out of the pipe:

I scrounged around to find a piece of tubing that I could slip over to make a spacer. I found this bar thing that adjusts that you use in the truck bed to secure cargo was just right. So I cut a piece of it off (no big deal, its for my wifes truck :wink:)

I just installed it and fired the bike up to see if it was going to leak just hammered on and also if a spot on the bottom of the pipe that has some rust was going to leak. Yes on both counts so I'll need to weld the patch section to the muffler side and also grind out that rust spot and weld that hole. The guard actually covers that entire area and the guard mount will be centered on the patch so it won't look bad.

Now I can move forward and start cleaning it!

Jesse I could probably use that flywheel cover, I need to di out my Honda parts but I am pretty sure all mine are the standard z50 style where that is one with the entire sidecover. PM me and let me know what you are wanting for it, thanks!

markus

Well, this one may hold the record for shortest time I have owned a bike. Just loaded it into the buyers truck and away it goes. I bought it cheap so I was able to sell it cheap and still make a paycheck for the week :thumbsup:

I ended up not ordering any parts for it, but that would have put it in that price range where it was just out of reach for some, and in reality I probably would have not made any more money out of it. would have been nice to keep, but it would have just gotten halfway torn apart and just sit there like my '69 Z50 thats been sitting of a shelf for the past 3 years:doah:

it shined up pretty good, I have a feeling though it will pop up for sale again a in a few weeks with painted wheels new seat etc., and an inflated price :smile: