Custom Bonanza street race bike

Well after looking at a poor bonanza sitting in my yard i decided to do something with it. I was gonna make it my snow bike but i think thats gonna have to wait till next year. We dont have that much snow here. I decided to make it a summer street bike! I bought these super pocket bike wheels in the summer and was gonna put these on a rupp but sold the rupp. This frame was perfect for these wheels because there is no shocks and it will be primarily rode driven not for off road use. The frame was real rough, lots of crap welded to it. I cut off the handle bars to put on 7/8 bars, mabey drag bars? I really want to make it a 1/8 mile drag bike. I also did some heavy modifying to the rear wheel mounts. Cut drill weld reshape, its gonna be all custom.

they remind me a Shelby GT 350 wheel! thats why i bought them! I still am not sure what engine i will be using yet. I have a few to pick from in my collection. Kenny should be done with my seat soon. And i am looking for some handle bars.

kbs8ball

ya mon !!! im on it Jamaica style...you know what that means....looks good with those wheels those rims are cool. Should make a good drag bike.

what size are your wheels?

i kind of had the same idea your rims are sweet
the wheels i have are 8 inch the rear caliper just needs a hole to secure it no mod needed the front just needs a bracket welded to the fork pretty simple

Smallbikes, consider using the trail arm and the holes for it in those little tounge flaps sticking up from your frame, then you can use the bigger holes for the jackshaft, get you one of those Harbor Freight 6.5 clones and a brand new clutch, I'd go for the 2 speed one at BMI, and that 2 speed jackshaft set up. I haven't tried that set up yet, but I'd bet it would be a bad ass little bike! PS. Don't forget to build a Briggs, cause you wouldn't want to P--- anyone off, all that China stuff on a vintage bike and all! When you present that old minibike with the steel wheels, versus the mags, geeze, my thought would be,,,,, hummmmmm, I think the mags have it!!!!, what is the axel size on them? Are we talking good berings, too? i had a china bike here last summer, looked like a little Harley, 49cc, headlight, turn signals, horn, and starter all ran off a battery, that you keep charging, had plastic that looked like a motor, I think with a better mount, and heavier chain, Oh, and of coarse a 6.5 clone, it would of made a nice bike, anyway, your bike is looking good so far, hope to see it soon, running!

I am going with a 2 speed jackshaft for sure. And i think a new ohv briggs, The wheels are very well constructed. The bearings high speed, these wheels came off a super pocket bike which had a 110cc 4 speed motor, so it can handle some power. Today i have decided to mover the rear wheels back 3 inches too. The rear tire allmost touches the jackshaft. I really like the way its turning out. Will post more pics soon.

tomsprops

I can't belive GTO has shown up to :001_9898: on this post ? You actually cut some metal on a Bonanza ! What are you some kinda,how's he like to say it ? Chimp with a Hack Saw ? !
Just playing ! It looks KOOL !

delray

some cool looking billet aluminum or steel trailing arms with coil shocks would look good:thumbsup:
adding 3inch to the rear will look good too:thumbsup:
i have some family in tulsa ok. i wish it was summer:sadcrying4:
i have my uncle pick it up for maybe $200 and bring it up when they vistit.
minibike

Ok i finally got it right, the rear wheel was ticking me off being so close to the jackshaft. I guess i should have measured first! Anyway with some cutting rewelding and grinding its looking real good now. I still will be doing some clean up and welding to make it look like one piece of metal instead of 3. And Kenny brought over the seat today so its starting to look like a real nice bike, cant wait till its done and flying down the 1/4 mile drag!!!!

Do you think those wheel mount tabs are thick enough? I just think they would flex side to side fairly easy sticking out THAT far. Not criticizing, just curious.

I thought of that. The metal is thick and i tried to bend the mounts by putting some preasure on them with the frame on the ground and they didnt move. If on the test run something happens i can reiforce them easily! But for now it will stay like this.

markus

Very cool! are those the 10" wheels? I was looking at them for the cafe racer project. Glad to hear you say they look pretty stout overall.

kbs8ball

I would of cut those brackets off real nice and sold em to injuntom for 50 bucks...Then I would of found a swing arm for it, but thats just me. should be cool either way.

I Think i am going with a 6hp Briggs ohv engine i have laying around. I like the power they put out. If i want i can get some racing parts for it. I wanna see about putting a 22mm mikuni carb on it taking out the gov. We'll see? I am not sure but i want some power and a 2 speed jackshaft.