Custom (Matching) Mini Bike Rotors

A friend of mine wanted to be able to mount a nice brake caliper on his project... and ran into an issue with the typical hub for the common universal brake rotor interfering with caliper mount and bolts...

there were many different ways to address this issue, but since he is building a very very nice mini bike, I figured I would add a touch to the resolution...

I asked him to send me a pic of his wheel (front, as this is a live axle bike with a solid rear wheel)... this is the vintage wheel he is using...

this is what I programmed and laser cut for his project...

while at it, I figured I would make a couple of wave rotors to match the Astro style wheels, I like so much... I will more than likely have these coated... I have also programmed the astros to work with the available hub and a bolt on... but I am going to weld the hubs on these, so that there are no bolts and they are as "clean" as possible... 3/16" thick and 7.1" OD... 1" live axle

125ccCrazy

very cool Gerald, those came out great.... Are you considering making rotors and spacers to bolt on the astros so disc brakes could be adapted to them?

very cool Gerald, those came out great.... Are you considering making rotors and spacers to bolt on the astros so disc brakes could be adapted to them?
I was wondering the same thing.
Thanks. I can and have thought about it yes... I hadnt done that, because the person getting them would have to figure out how to install the caliper... I would have to figure out a sweet spot, as far as how far to space the rotor away from the wheel etc... so that i could be used with a few different calipers/frames...

Man it don't stop with you Gerald !!
Wow those are nice pieces. You never cease to amaze!
thanks!

how far away would you want the rotor to be from the wheel? and would you want simple spacers/standoffs, or a nice billet hub?