Db carb.

Took off the gold plate from gas shut off. there is a rubber gasket seated in there, 4 holes, 2 are closed, 2 are open. my question is both holes should be free flowing right?:shrug: any help on this carb would be great..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

there should be two raised 'nubs' that two of the holes sit on. those never move. The whole gasket never moves. when the swich is moved from on to off position, it opens/closes the other two holes that let the gas in. so yes, two of the holes should be free flowing.

Thank you sir..:thumbsup: off to get some carb cleaner.:thumbsup: the two gas holes are filled with shit. jet is clear, and gas inlet nipple is clear. that would most likely be why gas was leaking from that area... right??/?:shrug:

if those holes are plugged then it's filling that little area up with gas, and most likely leaking. however, im not sure where it'd be leaking from since that is a sealed little compartment.

Got it, had to go at it with a piece of speaker wire...:thumbsup: that fuel cut off valve leaks, it did start right up. think it is flooding out. got to get another screw for that cover.

I have a shut off valve sitting around, it leaks in the whole fuel cut location.. What good would that do if it leaks at the stock cutoff spot???? Still gonna leak wont it? Someone help me to get the damn thing to stop leaking.

I don't have a stock DB 2.8 engine sitting in front of me, after looking at some pics of the stock shut off valve I'm not sure you can install a inline shut off valve like I thought. From the pics it looks like the fuel line from the gas tank goes into the shut off valve, at that point I don't see a fuel line coming out of the valve......does the fuel go straight into the carb or is there a fuel line coming out of valve?

I have a shut off valve sitting around, it leaks in the whole fuel cut location.. What good would that do if it leaks at the stock cutoff spot???? Still gonna leak wont it? Someone help me to get the damn thing to stop leaking.
you really need to try and post some pictures of where exactly it's leaking. this will help for a speedier resolution in most cases.

I don't have a stock DB 2.8 engine sitting in front of me, after looking at some pics of the stock shut off valve I'm not sure you can install a inline shut off valve like I thought. From the pics it looks like the fuel line from the gas tank goes into the shut off valve, at that point I don't see a fuel line coming out of the valve......does the fuel go straight into the carb or is there a fuel line coming out of valve?
it goes straight into the carb. it's exactly like the 6.5 carbs, just smaller scale.

Guy's i would love too, it would get it done much quicker. I don't have that access at this time. Thank you all for trying.:thumbsup: I have been at it for hours, leaks gas. motor did start.:thumbsup: just want the girls to ride.:scooter: there is a strange washer in the cutoff, it may be bent, really hard to tell though...